Robert's Training Journal - A Tale of Yeah's and Buddy's

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...I'm working on it.

I was at the gym for 3 hours today....2 hours training, 1 hour steamroom, hot tub, sauna.

I trained legs today, which is why it was a longer workout.

Mostly hamstrings, lower back, calves and some quads and glutes too. I had that double workout day 2 days ago, off yesterday, back at it today and should train tomorrow evening before getting ready to go to L.A.

Life has me by the balls, but it's just 6 more weeks of touring and then I can slow down for a bit.

I look forward to it.

I trained arms today....it was another busy day! I was in the radio studio for an interview this morning, came back home to promote my talk in L.A. tomorrow, drove out to Pacific University and gave a talk there and then came home, got ready and went to the gym for 2 hours.

Biceps and triceps today, lots of barbells and dumbbells, dips, etc.

To be honest, I'm quite tired. I've been on low amounts of sleep and high amounts of stress and travel lately.

I fly out to L.A. in the morning...time to eat, do laundry, pack, etc....oh yeah and.......yeah buddy!

I might be a little bigger....but not much...yet.

I trained at Gold's Gym Venice, the most famous gym in the world, tonight. I've been here quite a bit lately on many trips to Southern California. I was pressing 100's for chest and did incline and flat dumbbell presses with my buddy Keith who owns Eko Zone www.ekozone.net

They recognized me at the counter and I got in free, so that was cool. I had a nice workout of presses, dips and one machine peck dec exercise.

I went out to eat with my friend Eran who is Vegan Power on the forum, and then went to some Yoga Music event, which was quite cool.

Time to rest up and head to Santa Barbara tomorrow I think. Then back to Portland the next day, after another workout at Gold's.

I got in free again and as soon as I walked in the door I saw perhaps the most famous personal trainer to the bodybuilders, Charles Glass. I see him all the time and chatted with him for a bit and then started my back workout. Near the end of my working bodybuilding.com's Bob Cicherillo came in to train chest. I see him everywhere also and just talked with him at the Olympia in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. He's one of my favorite bodybuilders so it was cool to see him.

Had a solid back workout, went for a short run afterwards and then off to Tonya Kay's house for a bit before flying home.

Good times.

Another long day today, but that seems to be routine for me.

I got back from L.A. last night....woke up today and worked all day then drove over to Pacific University about 45 min away and gave a lecture to an Environmental Studies class, then went to my friend's house to visit my god children and see my buddy for his birthday. Then came home, changed clothes and then trained arms and abs and left the gym a bit before midnight.

Now eating some food, catching up on things online and will head to be shortly.

I'm really impressed with my consistency considering my travel schedule being in a different city every few days on tour. I've recently trained in Vegas, San Fran, Venice and Portland over the past couple of weeks keeping up a fairly consistent schedule.

YB

Lean and Green and thendanisays arrived in Portland today!

I was supposed to meet them during the day, got busy and then went to the gym to train back, then picked up Tasha and met them that their NEW HOUSE in PORTLAND.....and went to Proper Eats for a couple of hours.

Great to have them here!

Back today was barbell bent-over rows, cable rows, lat-pul-downs, back extensions.

I had a NoPo Burrito at Proper Eats and now I'm farting.

yeah......buddy!

Look for RC and L&G on stage at the same time sometime in 09

Yeah, L&G lives about 15 minutes from me, less than 10 miles away. He and Dani add to our already strong vegan community

Octo may move out here too, and others

Maybe a bunch of us will get on stage together soon. I'm not in "great" shape but I'm always just a couple of weeks from contest ready since I'm always lean, so I'd love to share the stage with other forum members sometime in the near future.

Trained chest tonight with Lean and Green and thendanisays. Each of them spotted me as I was pressing 100's or 95's and needed a bit of help on some of the reps. I did 8 sets of chest press and a solid 12 sets before those of a chest machine to get warmed up (for 20+ min pressing). Then I did incline dumbbell flys, cable cross overs and dips.

Mostly free weights (dumbbells) and those two machines.

Good times....now I have 4 hours to nap and then head to Orlando, FL where I'll see hsorlando and others.

Yeah......buddy!

Cool to have 2 more vegan bodybuilders in Portland now! Of course, as soon as they get here, I'm away for the next 3 weeks.

Rough couple of days on my body with lack of sleep, etc. and a 3000 mile trip but I'll be back in action, making it happen training with hsorlando soon!

I loved pressing the 100's with Lean and Green and it was awesome when I was doing some 95's and struggling with some end of the set reps and all of a sudden below my elbows came a spot from thendanisays.

It was cool.

Loving the sun out here!

P.S. a couple of shout outs:

A shout out to hsorlando for her birthday! Happy Birthday! Look forward to training/hanging out.

Shout out to RAINRA who's been a huge supporter lately and reminds me or Richard....just putting in a lot of time and energy to help this movement and major support of VB&F in general!

I did 8 sets of chest press and a solid 12 sets before those of a chest machine to get warmed up (for 20+ min pressing). Then I did incline dumbbell flys, cable cross overs and dips.

Hey man

You train very differently to how I would when bulking up - such high volume.

Have you considered bringing the number of sets down a bit and having a few that you really focus on and try to get stronger on?

For me the quickest way to get bigger is straight progressive overload. When doing 20+ set of pressing, plus flyes, crossovers and dips, the focus is too diluted.

I'm not against high volume in general, but if this is a "bulking up" program I think there are other more productive workouts available to you.

I agree to some extent, you shouldn't go overboard with the set numbers. However I think the most important part is too keep reps heavy and low and focus on compound movements (which I pressume you do). This will automatically lower the number of sets (at least that is what happes to me).

good points.......often, I like to "blow it out" and just wreck a muscle group that I'm training which sometimes, or often heads to a lot of overall sets.

I may cut back on volume and focus more on heavy stuff.

We'll see how it goes.

Off to train with hsorlando soon in Florida....yeah buddy!

I trained back with hsorlando today in Orlando, FL and then I gave a talk at Central Florida University.

Rodeo protest on campus tomorrow by the way.

I was doing bent over rows with 185lbs which felt nice and soon I'll be doing over 200 lbs again. I did nearly 200lb barbell shrugs, which I know isn't real heavy but it was nice. I did pull-ups of sets of 8-15 reps.

Also some cable rows and lat-pull downs.

Good overall workout.

Thanks again hsorlando for making time.

Let's talk about LEGS tomorrow

I trained legs with hsorlando today in Orlando. I got up to 800+ pounds on the leg press (18 plates total). I did some ball squats with up to 130 lbs, but soon will be doing much more than that. I did some curls and extensions as well to burn it out, some lunges to warm up as well.

Then went out to Ethos again for the 2nd time this week One of my favorite vegan restaurants in the country, for those who don't know.

hsorlando leg pressed 8 plates! 360 pounds of lightweight baby!

VegFest tomorrow.

www.cfvegfest.org

YB

Trained back in Chicago tonight.

Nice gym at LA Fitness and nice people there. I trained with Claudia from our profiles in the main site.

Great workout! Lots of heavy bent-over rows, t-bar rows, etc.

Great times.....training at Quad's tomorrow! Totally pumped about that!

Gotta sleep now...at Chicago Diner 6-8PM if anyone wants to join on Tues!

Robert