hey homies I'm employed!

V VII Hero

Awesome dude, congratulations with the job.

Let us know how it goes. I used to be a manager at 24-Hour Fitness in Phoenix, AZ, back in the day. It was a good time, but being a manager was a little too much stress for me so I took off for England

I start work tomorrow at Wellfit Express gym. I work the front desk. I'm pretty stoked! free membership. which means more money for food!

AS if I need to say this, bit I will state the obvious anyway.

You will get TONS of people asking you for your advice, what YOUR secret is, etc. Be sure to plug the cruelty-free lifestyle at every reasonable chance.

The animals need you to be their voice as much as you can get away with it.

I am no longer employed!

the owner fired me for being a GUY.

he only wants "hot girls" to work the front desk.

he was a complete sexist. males arent allowed earings or long hair. i had taken my earrings out and pulled my hair back. all the employees and members loved me, I got along with everyone. They all thought I had a great personality. but the owner wanted a girl instead. and since I didnt quit when he tried to get me with the hair and earring things (may i remind you that girls could have earrings and their hair down, but I couldnt), he went home and called to their new manager (the old one got fired for "financial reasons") to fire me. and everyone tried to warn me about the owner and stuff. and now he is afraid to hire the other girl or else he will look like a sexist, so he said due to "financial reasons" they can no longer hire anyone, and he extended everyone's shifts. a lot of employees are trying to quit as well (trying to find other jobs) cause this owner is a jerk.

but anyway, so i am back to being jobless.

Topher,

That sucks man! That makes me a bit angry. That is what killed one of my dream jobs back in 2001; I wasn't a female so they didn't hire me. I would have been traveling all over the place working with professional athletes when I was a sports therapist, but they claimed the athletes preferred a girl, so I was left out.

But anyway, sorry to hear that it went down that way. Obviously we've been able to get to know one another over the past couple of years and I can't see how anyone would not want to have you as part of their staff.

I hope you find a job soon, I know you were excited about that one and I'm really sorry it ended the way it did.

Take care bro, keep your chin up,

Robert

thanks man. Im trying to keep my chin up. its just very hard to find jobs around here. and I really need money to put myself thru PT school. I cant wait for next october. hopefully by then i should be a certified personal trainer and then I can move to Portland. we should definately get an apartment together. i think that be a rad idea.

that sucks about ur dream job being all whack. when will these barriers be knocked down?

Look on the positive side, you wouldn't have wanted to work for a sexist pig, who would more than likely have made your life hell. You will find your dream job, all it takes is persistence a liitle bit of optimism. Keep looking, and keep the dream alive. I'm sure with your passion you will definately find a working environment that you are more suited to.

• 6 months later...

Yep, as a male massage therapist, you kinda get shafted at every turn. Men don't want other men touching them. Alot of women only want other women touching them. But these types of people are confused in thinking a massage is anything other than professional. Hey, it's their loss.