Date Auction for SHAC 7... Fill me in?

Aaron

I got invited to be auctioned off for a fundraiser for the SHAC 7. I'm not entirely clear on what a date auction entails and what my obligations would be as a prize. Also I'm not clear on whether the SHAC 7 defense fund is something I want to support because I really don't know much about them or what they've done. Thoughts?

I was at Food Fight today. They told me they are doing a fund-raising auction/rummage sale at Food Fight on Sunday May 21st, pretty much all day long.

I was thinking of going to it, if I'm in town. I know I'll be in Corvallis Saturday night for our Vegan Potluck, but I might head up to Portland on Sunday to catch that event and do my work with Vega and promoting my movie.

For those who don't know where Food Fight is, check the other threads that mention Food Fight, or go to www.foodfightgrocery.com

That is all I know for now bro. Call or send them an e-mail with any questions. Their contact info is on their site.

There is also a benefit show:

When:

Saturday May 20, 2006

at 8:00 PM

Where:

The Artistery

4315 SE Division

Portland, OR 97201

Another great benefit show for our pal Josh Harper of the SHAC7. Come on out and pitch in (again).

RSVP not required

SPREAD THE WORD...

» Blog this

» Bulletin this

Another great benefit show for our pal Josh Harper of the SHAC7. Come on out and pitch in (again).

The Prids

The Online Romance

Cadence

Where: The Artistery, 4315 SE Division

When: 8pm

Cost: $5-$10 Sliding Scale

SHAC are not my kind of people... Here's the indictment if you want to read it http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/nj/publicaffairs/NJ_Press/files/pdffiles/shacind.pdf

I don't have much of a problem with SHAC, some of their methods are wrong in my opinion, but on the most part they are right. Threatening behaviour and violence I think are wrong, but it is so hard because of the atrocities which these people (animal testers) have themselves commited, so I can understand why SHAC think they 'deserve' this treatment. Certainly spouses and children should not be the target of anything at all in my opinion. But on the whole, if you read that entire document that Will posted, the vast vast majority is just vandalism and corporate interference, there is very little actual violence.

I agree with what Richard said (although admittedly I didnt actually read the document that Will posted). Huntington Life Sciences (vivisectors) is plain evil - and, my understanding is that they target mostly trusting and good natured animals like beagles and other dogs that they buy from shelters and their own breeders, only to torture and kill for vivisection. Truly appauling.

I talked with Chad yesterday, who is friends with Josh Harper (from Eugene, OR) one of the guys charged and may see 6 years or longer in Prison. He gave me some info and told me some of the specifics.

If you want to hear some info first hand from a good friend of one of the guys being charged in this case, go to www.foodfightgrocery.com You can probably read info there or send a friendly e-mail. Mention you are from this site. He is familiar with me and our website.

From what I understand they are not a bad group. I don't agree with 100% of the things they do, but are in trouble because of things they've said in public or in e-mails or websites, not from "actions" of harm they have done.

www.foodfightgrocery.com