What goes through the mind of Animal Liberators like SHAC 7?

yup, that is why I always always forward clips like this to all my omni friends and email contacts. It is me educating them on animal rights issues. Even if they dont watch, I still will email them this stuff nevertheless and I know for a fact some have watched in the past and expressed their , etc.

It is all about planting the seed and exposing them to the reality and the images. So next time, "vivisection" to them wont be some vague concept or image, but rather very specific images they have now seen. Remember, it is about putting a face to the nameless and faceless victims. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and email the clip to your friends.

Someone from my high school class recently posted this on a reunion website:

"When I graduated from U.T., I went to Northwestern University as a graduate student in computer science. I got into building neural network models of the brain, and after getting a master's degree I thought I might like to study real brains instead of just trying to simulate them on computers. So I applied to Ph.D. programs and got accepted into the Behavioral Neuroscience program in the Psychology Department at Yale University. I got very interested studying the neurobiology of learning and memory. I started doing neurophysiology experiments, which involved recording the electrical activity of brain cells in freely behaving animals. It turns out that doing neurophysiology is exactly the same thing as working in a recording studio, except that instead of putting a microphone in front of a singer and recording it to tape, you are putting and electrode into a rat's brain and recording it to a hard disk. So my undergraduate education suddenly came in very handy. I had already trained as a neurophysiologist, I just hadn't realized it."

I do not want to unfairly criticizing this person without knowing extacly what

"I started doing neurophysiology experiments, which involved recording the electrical activity of brain cells in freely behaving animals."

would entail.

Think it is electrodes passively taped to heads (such as scans on human) or opened cranium brain tissue?

Anyone know?

Edited by 9nines

Electrode in the brain of a freely behaving animal sounds pretty invasive to me. That's different than "electrode on the head" or something. I think you are quite justified in protesting- And as a resident of New Haven, CT, where Yale is located, let me know if there is a place I should be protesting that sort of horrific torture-

Joel