Restructuring the forum a bit

robert

As some of you may have noticed, I've been quietly restructuring the forum a bit. I've been adding a few new sections to make navigation pretty easy. I know we have more topic sections than many other forums, but I think it makes it really easy to find exactly what you're looking for and you're not stuck searching in Gen. Discussion for everything. I'm focusing a lot of regional meet-ups and events as well as part of my mission to build vegan communities all over the globe.

I also removed the moderators as part of this restructuring thing. No offense to them and I've contacted all of them. I will be adding moderators again soon, I'm just working on a few things right now as far as set-up and organizational stuff.

We will also try to start eliminating the spam members from our member list and removing them from the forum. It is just time consuming and a bit of a pain but we'll start doing it soon.

Anyway, hopefully the changes make things a bit easier to find and help promote regional meet-ups and gatherings all over the world.

Thanks for all your cooperation and patience while I work on things.

Here's to a bigger, better and more user-friendly forum

That is part of the plan....it just takes many many hours to remove them all. It's cool. I'm just a little over-worked right now and way over-stressed (as some of you who hang out with me know).

But I'll get stuff updated soon. We'll get moderators back and all that stuff. I'm just sorting things out and organizing stuff this week.

Oh, I think he means the spam members. They are on every forum, they just show up and are mostly "robots" or something from Kiev or Russia.

But I'll try to get rid of them in due time, just takes a little while and it's a busy summer.

In the admin panel I can tell who is spam and who isn't, so I won't delete anyone who is "real."

No worries.

i'd crop any member that havent made even 1 post since joining

Why?

Some people are just shy or do not want to post for whatever reason. That's their choice.

goto the memberlist and choose "sort by username" and choose "ascending" ...... bunch are just morons who register just to increase that database, its pointless.... and some are members from like anti-peta sites who just spy on here to see what everyone is talking about then bashing everyone on their forums

But not all zero posters are like this.

I was a member of another forum for three years before I made a post - I happily read the discussions without contributing. I'm sure they are members like that here. Be a shame to cull them.

No worries, I won't remove any real members. Spam ones are easy to spot, especially in the admin panel. It just takes time, which is why I havne't been keeping up with their removal.

Yeah, I'm on a bunch of different boards, and don't post a whole lot on some but still like to visit and see whats new.