The JW Blog: thoughts from a manchild..........

JW

work filled weekend at the cottage.

lots of long walks, yardwork, and of course work on my favourite project... THE ROCK WALL

my latest strange obsession! My attempt at preserving the banks of the property. I spend hours hauling rock after rock from the shore to the banks. strange huh???

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

circuit 1

run 1 lap around building (400m)

20 pushups

run 2 laps

lunges for 80m

circuit 2 (30 second stations)

bicep curls

stepups

bike sprint

incline bench

lats

stepups

burnouts

squats

flyes

mountain climbers

shoulder press

rows

leg ext

KTE (knees to chest hanging from rings)

plank on low hanging rings

REPEAT CIRCUIT 2

REPEAT CIRCUIT 1

(those lunges were tough)

seems like all I do lately is lift things!

our block party was last night and of course who was the one to lift all the heavy stuff???

I guess everbody has their niche in life

definitely taking a day off exercise today.

always trying to have fun!

don't know if it was because I worked out in the morning today or if it was just a very hard workout but I SUFFERED today.

15 squat jumps

15 pushups

30 lunge jumps

100m sprint

repeat 3 more times

1x12 deadlifts

15 pushups

1x12 incline bench

60 seconds - stepups on 3ft box

1x12 lats

1x12 squats

1x12 jumping chinups

2x12 woodchoppers

1x12 shoulder press

1x12 rows

100m sprint

ran out of time at this point

still experiencing a little bloating. I've been trying to avoid the dreaded candida diet but I fear it may be in my future

got the sore leg thing going on today. Where the slightest bump causes a significant cringe.

So.... I'm on a real roll lately

on Tuesday, I grabbed a pair of pants in the morning while dressing and didn't notice until the afternoon that they were completely split in the rear!!!

Yesterday, I lost a screw from my glasses and my lens popped out. A little tape held them together but.......

wonder what's in store for today????

Yes!!! I broke the cycle of unfortunate events!!! One full day free of embarassing moments!!

rest day yesterday and I'm not sure it helped much. The legs are still not right so I did upperbody this morning

warmup at 60%

1x12

bench

lats

shoulder press

rows

@90%

3x6 bench

3x6 lats

3x6 lats

3x6 rows

3x6 low ring pullups

3x12 sumo deadlifts

3x100 sprints

an okay workout but not really satisfying. Don't think I was 100% mentally there this morning.

I shou;d wake up in another hour or so though.....

okay time for a rant!!!

I'm sure everyone here goes through this too but it's just ticking me off.

Lunch meetings and functions at work where there never seems to be an edible option for me!!!

Last week it was a lunch meeting .... pizza all loaded with meat & cheese

Today was a BBQ

no meatless alternatives

everyone knows my diet but they either forget about it or choose to ignore it. I find it rather annoying to say the least!!!

freakin meat eaters!!!!!!!!!! would you like some more blood on that rotting cadaver you're all eating????

okay I feel better now (still hungry but better)

JW! your comments always make me laugh! with your incidents etc. But seriously the meeting thing annoys me too because as you said they know my diet and they just ignore it. So basically what I do is if i don't have to go to the event I don't. And in the case where I do have to go and i just don't eat anything and bring something with me and eat it later or have a protein shake or something like that. I shouldn't have to do it but that's how I deal. Hope you have a nice incident free weekend!

The meeting thing really gets me too. And I find it so awkward because everyone draws attention to the fact that I'm not eating. Then me and my "crazy vegan diet" become the centre of conversation. Which usually revolves around people exclaiming, "Oh I could NEVER give up cheese!"

and then you get the people who think they're going to be funny by making pro meat comments around the vegan

I'll sometimes respond with a " would you like some more blood on that rotting flesh you're eating???" comment

I keep hoping that one or two people might actually think about what they are eating...

frustrating! But I suppose it took me a long time to make the connection too.

okay.... where to start.....

225 pushups on the weekend

Saturday was nuts... my daughter was competing at the provincial track meet. She had an event at 10:00, then went to a birthday party, then back for the 4x100 relay, then we had to go load the van with stuff for the lake, then to a birthday party for us adults.

Sunday we were at the lake with all the fun yard work etc... I did go in the water though.. (still pretty numbingly cold)

back to the city to visit my father for father's day, and home to crash

to the gym this morning

it was TORTURE!! The a/c seemed to be not working. the floors were wet, not sure if tit was the condensation or everyone pouring sweat

25 squat jumps

25 burnouts

25 lunge jumps

25 hourglass

25 manmakers (these were tough)

25 runningman

30 second intervals:

squat/row combo

incline bench

lats

squats

tricep ext

bicep curl

rows

ham curls

repeat 30 second intervals again

25 mountain climbers

then I ran out of time..... (and energy)

70 more pushups last night (for the VBBF challenge)

and for fun too

it's been soooo humid here lately. I'm constantly sweating. But putting a positive slant on it.... what a great detox!!!

mosquitos aren't bad in the city yet. It's been pretty dry the last month.

We were out at the cottage on Sunday and they're out in force!

they are just one nasty creation don't you think?

oh.... I keep forgetting to mention this to you

it doesn't involve mosquitos (although there could be wasps involved depending on the season)

Northstar Drive Inn in Winnipeg. Across the street from Alycias Ukranian restaurant (I think it's on McGregor) The most AMAZING veg burgers!!!!! If you get back to Winnipeg soon, you'll have to try it! Patties are home made (kind of a pakora style patty)

my mouth is watering just typing this

bad cravings lately. My sweet tooth is acting up badly!!!!

My daughter made me a chocolate cake for Father's day. I think that might have put the sugar craving in my system again.

I've had the sweet tooth for as long as I can remember. It's just irresistable!!! I GOTTA have it!!! I NEED SWEEEEEEEETTTTSSSSS (hyperventilating) ............