Portland VB&F get-together - Sunday January 21st!

loveliberate

Howdy All,

It's been way too long since our last gathering of Pdx forum folks.

Robert & I have a suggestion for our next local meet-up: All interested VB&F folks will turn out for the next NW-VEG potluck to generally mix, mingle & have a great time with all sorts of veg*n folks. Afterwards, VB&F folks will head over to Robert & Dave's house to hang out some more.

Here's the details of the NW-VEG potluck:

Jan. 21 (Sunday), 5 pm – 7:30 pm: Northwest VEG Vegetarian Potluck

NORTHWEST VEG EVENT. Please join Northwest VEG at the Trinity United Methodist Church, 3915 SE Steele, in Portland (Note the new location).

Following the meal, a discussion will focus on attendees' hopes and goals for the new year. Please bring a vegan or vegetarian main dish, salad or dessert, a card listing its ingredients, and plates and utensils for your use.

If you come by yourself, figure the amount to serve 4-6; increase the amount 4 servings for each additional person in your party/family. For more information call (503) 224-7380 or email [email protected].

If you can volunteer to help at the potluck, please contact [email protected] or call (503) 493-2358.

A donation of $2-5 per person is suggested to help cover the cost of the room rental.

So how does this idea sound to folks? Please also share ideas for future Portland VB&F gatherings/events - it would be really great to have folks get together at least once a month!

Sounds good.

Brendan Brazier gets in that night too!

So after this NW Veg gathering, let's hang out over at my place.

I think we'll have:

robert

davidtarrfoster

Brendan Brazier

loveliberate and family

oregonisaac

xdarthveganx maybe?

andesuma?

I know there are a dozen others, but those are who have been informed so far or have expressed interest.

Let's get more!

We'll be at the potluck (I recall volunteering for setup at the last potluck - so we'll be there early). As I work early on Monday I won't be able to hang out afterwards but I look forward to seeing all of you.

I'll make a few phone calls later this week. SmartMonkey Ani just left today, but Brendan Brazier gets in on Sunday, the evening of our gathering.

I hope to see many of you at the NW Veg Potluck, and then come over to davidtarrfoster's house on 12th and Ainsworth in NE. Dave and I live together and we'll host a relaxed gathering. We'll have some snacks (even though we'll eat at the NW Veg potluck) and we'll have video games, movies and other things going on.

We hope to see many of you at both events!

Please let us know on here so we can plan accordingly.

Yeah, I've got some lying around The owner at Sequel told me I was the first American to try it when I was visiting a while back

It isn't in any stores in the US yet, although it should be available this week.

But yeah, I've got some and I can make some smoothies ....or I'll have davidtarrfoster make them while I watch He-Man.

Just a reminder. The potluck goes from 5-7:30PM over in SE and then we'll be doing a casual forum member gathering over at my house (davidtarrfoster's house) on 12th and Ainsworth in NE. The drive will be 20 minutes or so, but I encourage you to come and stay as long as you like.

Vega formulator Brendan Brazier gets in around 6:30PM, so I'll leave the potluck to pick him up and we should be home just before visitors start to show up.

Hope to see some of you this weekend!

6214 NE 12th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

For those who need/want to mapquest.

Thanks.

Cool, I was just going to write you to see if you'd make it.

I'm going to make a fruit salad and quickly head over to the potluck area.....and then I'll be back here:

6214 NE 12th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

Tonight.

Basically we're on 12th and Ainsworth, which is two major lights North of Alberta.

Brendan Brazier gets in tonight too. His flight was delayed so he now gets in at 8:30PM so I may need to leave the post-potluck forum gathering for a few minutes but we live very close to the airport.

Hope to see you and others tonight!

The party just ended at 1:15AM.

We're sorry some of you couldn't make it. No worries, we'll do it again soon.

We had a nice group:

robert

loveliberate and his family

davidtarrfoster

oregonisaac

xdarthveganx

Brendan Brazier

We mostly played video games, played cards, sampled the New Vega Smoothie Infusion, chatted about this forum, ate, played jokes on each other, and just chatted and hung out. We also watched a comedy movie that I'm in. It's just a short film and there is a cool fight scene I'm involved in and I wanted to show the guys.

So we had six forum members and 4 non-forum members so it was a nice little group. I also met up with DV at the NW Veg Potluck before the party.

We'll try to do it again soon!

Thanks for coming everyone and for those who missed it, thanks for the heads up on here or by phone. We hope to see you next time.

The party just ended at 1:15AM.

We're sorry some of you couldn't make it. No worries, we'll do it again soon.

We had a nice group:

robert

loveliberate and his family

davidtarrfoster

oregonisaac

xdarthveganx

Brendan Brazier

We mostly played video games, played cards, sampled the New Vega Smoothie Infusion, chatted about this forum, ate, played jokes on each other, and just chatted and hung out. We also watched a comedy movie that I'm in. It's just a short film and there is a cool fight scene I'm involved in and I wanted to show the guys.

So we had six forum members and 4 non-forum members so it was a nice little group. I also met up with DV at the NW Veg Potluck before the party.

We'll try to do it again soon!

Thanks for coming everyone and for those who missed it, thanks for the heads up on here or by phone. We hope to see you next time.

I really enjoyed myself tonight robert so thanx!

I am a pretty mellow guy so doing stuff like tonight was perfect.

My family & I also had a fun time tonight!

My kids in particular had lots of fun. They laughed long & hard at the decorations we added to "Uncle Robert's" jacket! I'm not 100% sure but I think their brief time on Tetris was my kid's first video game experience...

I missed Andesuma, DV, Aaron & the other locals who didnt make it but hopefully we'll start doing more get-togethers & we'll all see each other soon!