My Credentials

ISSA CFT (Certified Personal Trainer)

Heartsaver Adult/Child/Infant CPR and AED

First Aid

Im hoping to add more to the list, such as Group Training Certification and a Pilates certification. If you have other Certifications that you know of, please let me know.

Hey my buddy Big K,

Cool man.

I currently have:

LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist)

First Aid/CPR/AED used to have infant/child CPR too but it expired.

I am looking to get certified as a personal trainer as well, just like you and Topher.

Then I'll have a few things to work with that all tie in together.

Have a great day,

Robert

Hey my buddy Big K,

Cool man.

I currently have:

LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist)

First Aid/CPR/AED used to have infant/child CPR too but it expired.

I am looking to get certified as a personal trainer as well, just like you and Topher.

Then I'll have a few things to work with that all tie in together.

Have a great day,

Robert

Hey Rob,

I was thinking of getting something in regards to massage as well. I think I might teach myself the Swedish Massage basic 5 massages, but I want to get licensed in all different massages like you. How long did it take you to finish, 3 to 6 months? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost? How long till you have to recertify? And what exactly do you have to do to recertify again?

Hey Big K,

I went to the Utah College of Massage Therapy (UCMT), one of the best massage schools in the country (according to most magazines, websites, reviews, etc.....and according to ME, I LOVED it there!!!). www.ucmt.com I believe is where you can find my school.

I did a basic, regular massage therapy program, which was really good, and it was about 6 months. Then I did an advanced Sports Massage Therapy program that was another 5 months.

We studied: Sports Nutrition, Kinesiology, Neurology, Biochemistry, Sports Psychology, Sports Physiology, Russian Sports Massage, Athletic Taping, and other stuff.

In my regular massage program we learned Swedish Massage, Reflexology, Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Massage, Russian Sports Massage, Craniosacral, Shiatsu, Aromatherapy, and many other things, including anatomy physiology, and business classes like marketing. We also did infant massage, chair massage, touch for health, and other things.

I set academic records in my school and was the only one in the entire school to go through both programs with a 4.0 and perfect attendance for those 11 months. I also set records in our clinical internship program, doing more massages than anyone in our walk-in clinic, during the time I was there. It seems silly, but I was more motivated than anyone in the whole State it seemed like!

Every state has different requirements for licensing, but there is also a national license in the US that works for nearly all states.

I know California has very low requirements, but most places require at least 1000 hours. I had 1278 hours, but that is from both programs combined. My initial 6-moth program was something like 715 hours, so it wouldn't be enough for some states.

So you just have to look into it.

Anyway, I gotta role now, catch you later.

-Robert

I think about that too....my roommate Megan is studying Nutrition as well as Exercise Physiology.

I always enjoyed studying nutrition in school. For now I'm going to go with the personal training thing, just like Kollision and Topher.

I really like training with people and motivating others is second nature to me.

Anyone else want to add what they specialize in?

I'm actually quite interested???????

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting a bit curious here, I didn't know there was such a thing as swedish massage. What is it?

It's a type of massage (has it's own techniques) developed by either a French Guy (which the massage names, which there are 5 I believe, are named from him) or a German guy, theres speculation.

You've prolly seen it on TV, they use elbows and stuff. 5 basic massage types in the Swedish massage. Forgive me if I am wrong, Rob is the professional on this one, and I have just done reading on it.

ISSA seems to be the preferred certification with vegan lifters! I've had my certification from them since 1999, but sadly, never used it for anything and have let it lapse over time without getting the CEUs to keep it current. Oh well, maybe someday I'll carry on with it if I ever do decide to get into the training business - for now I'm just too busy with my other business!

Ryan