Lab Grown Meat

BJJVegan

Is Lab Grown Meat better for our society(health and animal rights) than factory farming?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I read a little and from what i understand, they use stem cells which they form into muscle cells and other types and then they grow these cells.

They mention amphibians and other things, so im wondering where their stem cells can come from and whether they can mix cells from one type of organism with another.

I don't know if there'd be any effects to a human if they can mix species.

I also wonder why bother with such a task for creating something which isn't necessary to eat in the first place.

Potential good is that meat-eaters who are curious as to whether this would be healthier would in their research learn that they don't need to eat meat at all. But from what I gather is that most eat it because they think it tastes better than plants, so expect manufacturers produceing this new meat to inject all sorts of stuff into it to make it taste good, and you also have to deal with the process of decomposing I'd assume.