Ever seen these shoes?

all zen

I have not purchased those shoes but I have worn Earth Shoes in the past and do not find them very comfortable, even though walking with your heels lower than you toes is supposedly better for you. The back of the shoe is relatively high, so I would be worried about it rubbing on my ankle (this is a problem I have with shoes but maybe you don't). If you do purchase them, I hope they're very comfortable for you!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I would absolutely not. Earth shoes uses fur in some of their shoes, and is just as unapologetic about it as any furrier.

Is that true?? The shoes with the negative heels? The company that has the cute vegan logo to label their vegan shoes?? I'm glad I found that out, I was just looking to buy a pair. I'll poke around and try to find evidence (not that I'm calling you a liar), but do you happen to have a link? I want to see this with my own eyes. I'm shocked and appalled!

Personally I don't like really flexy shoes you lose lots of energy from them which may actually make your calves stronger but they just don't feel right. This is why new style running shoes are fairly stiff.

As for the Earth Shoes I have a pair and love them. They do feel very weird with the negative heel. Actually they still feel weird after owning them for nearly a year but out of all my shoes I can stand in them longer than any other shoe I own.

Earth Vegan® shoes ARE vegan.

And I have those shoes!

They're a little .... squishy ... the EVA foam that makes up the sole is pretty soft, and you have the flexing action. And they're kind of hard to put on, the ankle collar doesn't "open," I need to use both hands to pull one on.

They have good arch support, but not as aggressive as regular Earths or Birkenstocks, or proper running shoes.

I wore them on a 4-mile walk and felt the strain a little in the arch (I'm prone to plantar fasciitis if I don't wear the right shoes).

I do find them nice for a change of pace, though. The best thing about them is that they are super, SUPER light. Probably the lightest pair of shoes I own ... 6 ounces or something like that.

I would absolutely not. Earth shoes uses fur in some of their shoes, and is just as unapologetic about it as any furrier.

I'd like to know more about this as well. The only fur I can find on their shoes on their websites is faux fur.

I really don't see how fur is any different than leather. It is equally wrong(since most leather in shoes is not a by product and the animals are raised for skin as well...of course it doesn't really matter why they are killed to begin with...they just should be killed) but shoe companies will never use synthetics if they ones they make aren't purchased.