Raw Spirit Festival in Sedona, AZ, w/ Woody Harrelson &

Anyone going to this? It looks great...I'm getting my ticket ASAP. I wonder if they have any bodybuilders coming?

I took this info from their website:

October 12th-14th in spectacular Sedona, Arizona!

http://www.rawspiritfest.com

Located amidst trees and ponds on viewy lawns beneath Sedona Arizona's famous Red Rocks, The Raw Spirit Festival is 'The Grandest Raw Vegan Celebration on Earth'!

Featuring: Raw Vegan Meals, Music, Education, Exercise, Comedy, Nature's Beauty, Spirituality and YOU!

Raw Spirit is making history as the first festival to attract so many well-loved raw vegan celebrities such as invited guests Woody Harrelson and Alicia Silverstone; acclaimed performers such as William Eaton, Shimshai, and Tina Malia; dozens of Distinguished Doctors, including Dr. Sheridan, Dr. Fuhrman and Dr. Lodi; famous reverends such as the Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith (of 'The Secret') movie; and vegan Congressman, Dennis Kucinich, who is establishing a Department of Peace. Plus, all of 2006's speakers, vendors and performers are returning in 2007! ...As well as oodles of dynamic international presenters such as Jasmuheen, Suki Zoe and HRM!

Come discover ancient wisdom and the latest findings from the greatest minds in the fast-growing Raw Vegan World. Bonuses: Educational Vendor Booths from hemp clothing to animal rights to peace awareness, Outdoor and Indoor Stages, World Class Music, Ongoing Play & Workshops, Eclectic Exercise Area, Food Demos, Dancing, Leadership Sharing Circle, Celestial Yoga, Meditation, Nature and Fabulous Friends!

Admission includes 7 organic gourmet raw vegan meals.

Come for a day or An Entire Weekend $300 All inclusive Early-Bird Price.

Register here: http://rawspiritfest.com/REGISTRATION.html

To get updates and keep inspired, join the yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawspiritfestival/

Well, it's $300, including 7 gourmet raw meals...and camping is the cheapest (and most fun) way to do it. Yet, there is a plane ticket. I totally understand, but as an (ex) music festival organizer, I have a deep compassion for the people who put these types of events/festivals on and know that they usually lose money and the price they ask, is the least that can be offered, for their year long service or organizing, planning and creating a festival that people can relax and enjoy themselves at. Plus, it costs a hefty penny to rent a space, fly out the presentors, buy the food, etc. etc. etc.

I hear you though. Totally get it. Since it is 7 months away, I'm planning now.

It's my goal.

Well, it's $300, including 7 gourmet raw meals...and camping is the cheapest (and most fun) way to do it. Yet, there is a plane ticket. I totally understand, but as an (ex) music festival organizer, I have a deep compassion for the people who put these types of events/festivals on and know that they usually lose money and the price they ask, is the least that can be offered, for their year long service or organizing, planning and creating a festival that people can relax and enjoy themselves at. Plus, it costs a hefty penny to rent a space, fly out the presentors, buy the food, etc. etc. etc.

I hear you though. Totally get it. Since it is 7 months away, I'm planning now.

It's my goal.

The cheapest plane ticket I could find was $450.00

hah..

I'm not saying the price isn't cheap/justified/worth it. it is.

It will just be a very long time before I'll be able to ever afford something

like that.

I also deeply respect and would love to meet the rawies speaking,

being/ at the event. They are all vibrant beings.

But that is one thing, I dislike very much, about the raw food community..

It's toted/promoted at being this afforable way of living, all of the

guru's will talk about how inexpensive buying inseason organic produce is.

And if something IS expensive, well.. what is your health worth then,

right??

And then every single event that is put together by raw foodists,

every single rejuvenation center, culinary arts institute, etc.

Is always $300 + $500 + $1000 + $2000 +++ !!

I think it's very contradictory.

And doesn't end up helping half the people it potentially could.

Not to mention the feeling of isolation you can get by being raw,

and NOT being able to attend/afford going to social events like this.

Anyhow.. I totally think it would be worth it, I would just like to see

some diversity when it comes to expenses for events like this.

I agree andesuma - the high cost associated with so many raw things is unfortunate at best. Personally, I rarely care about "big-name" speakers & I'd love to see more affordable & DIY style raw gatherings & events! Are you interested in helping make something happen here in Portland? Maybe we could even get Bigbwii to come visit!

I agree andesuma - the high cost associated with so many raw things is unfortunate at best. Personally, I rarely care about "big-name" speakers & I'd love to see more affordable & DIY style raw gatherings & events! Are you interested in helping make something happen here in Portland? Maybe we could even get Bigbwii to come visit!

Totally.. I am all about getting this going LOCALLY, community supported.

Since that is what the lifestyle should be about, not using Big Petro to

fly a bunch of raw foodists to one spot on the planet.

I know lilikoi and oregonisaac have been getting some raw food potlucks

going lately on Sundays. But Sundays are bad for me.. since I go cycling all day, and typically have to be to work at 5am the next morning.

hmm...

something to contemplate

• 1 year later...
andesuma, have you considered going by train?

I love taking the train!!

It's very affordable and I always meet interesting people.

I'm at a point with travel now.. where I think I could maybe get there

for free/or little cost (train/bus/roadtrip), but I still won't have the money

for the actual event.

I don't even own a juicer! hah, I think I should probably get that first.

But, maybe someday, when going to something like this

is a priority in my life. It's just not right now...

I wonder if anyone else if going to go though...