Bike To Work Day/Week/Month, May 2007

Matt

There are a number of Bike To Work Days/Weeks/Months around the country and most communities have their own version. I strongly encourage you to find co-workers and take at least one day to try it out if you haven't. It's a blast and you'll feel great!

The League of American Bicyclists has the larger organized version, but just about every community has something, so please check the web.

http://bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/

That's funny, Matt. I was telling my wife the other day that I'm going to organize a "Take your bike to work" day for my employer. I live pretty close to work, so I know all the road and trail routes within 30 miles or so, and I have like 4 extra bikes just in case someone needed to borrow one. And I could probably hit up my LBS for free rental/demo bikes if needed (great sale opportunity for them). It'll have to wait a bit longer -- it snowed last night -- but it'll be really fun to organize.

Finn, that's exactly what I'm trying to get going as well out here...could you share your notes on velogreen.org? Or even post it in the Rides forum...

I'd like to hear about what you are putting together to get people to ride. Sounds like a perfect idea...right on!