muscle groups that stay behind

Well I was thinking about this today when I took a shower. I got a problem and I thought it was decent enough to turn this into a thread, because some people might have the same problem.

After 4 and a half months of training some muscle groups seem to develop pretty well. Like the chest part etc. They've grown well. Traps as well .. but some parts see to stay behind.

I'm pretty happy about my right biceps ( Im just starting out, so I'm awara that i have a loooooong way too go. But it developed pretty nice I guess) but it seems like the left one is really staying behind.

Of course the main thing of lifting weights is to stay patient but I was wondering if there was a way to pull it up with my right bicep.

More intense training ? Training it more than once a week ?

Thanks a million.

Just to add to what Wobbly said, if I have a muscle group that's off, I will isolate that muscle (in this case with a dumbbell), back off the weight until I can lift comfortably the weight of the weaker muscle group. Then I use the same weight with the other arm until they are in line, even if it takes a few weeks to get them right. If they are off, you also risk injury when you go higher weight and one side of your body tries to do more than the other (an extreme example, but has happened to me).

Another thing to be careful about is with your weaker group make sure you really are isolating the muscle(s) because often guys will overcompensate with leverage and think they are lifting the weight the same as their "strong" side but really not. The key is to be patient with it and gradually develop the weight equally.

Thanks a lot for the advice matt and wobbly lifter!

I think i'm gonna train my left arm twice a weak (on friday as well) and use dumbbells on all of the back and arm exercises. Preacher curls are a good exercise but they don't seem "fair" if you know what I mean.

really, thanks again guys! It was really appreciated!

Kevin

I think if you overeat its hard to overtrain. I used to take off maybe 2 days a month when I lifted and it worked out very well for me...I also ate more than most can imagine but it worked for me.