Quick Pita Pockets

kjs

I've been making this lately and it's really quick and tasty.

Dice cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers (red or yellow). Combine all with some lemon juice, salt and parsley.

And then simply stuff it in a whole wheat pita with hummus and some garbanzo beans (i wash the canned ones). It's really easy to make and can get in a lot of vegetables and beans.

• 4 months later...

I make my own vegan "gyros" eher I use avocado instead of meat...and either have to be creative for yogurt substitute, of go non vegan (which I admit I sometimes do) and use plain yogurt).....Man if you make one of these right it'd probably be my second favorite food in the world!!

P.S> I envy you guys who can just go to trader joe's or whatever and get vegan yogurt or sour cream substitute....lucky S*b's......here you'd have to be a chemist....and a very dedicated chemist to come up with the same thing !!

Cya....bon appetit

• 2 weeks later...
I've been making this lately and it's really quick and tasty.

Dice cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers (red or yellow). Combine all with some lemon juice, salt and parsley.

And then simply stuff it in a whole wheat pita with hummus and some garbanzo beans (i wash the canned ones). It's really easy to make and can get in a lot of vegetables and beans.

Add some mushrooms to that and i think you would have the perfect pita!