Canadian Corner

JW

As a wobbly & an anarchist, couldnt ya think of a more positive description than the "king" of sports...

It's a sport - not a social system I'll call it what I want!

Now stop oppressing me!

I had to look wobbly up, I thought it was a synonym for "shaky" . I'm learning new stuff all the time just by hanging out at this awesome place.

Wobbly is a nickname for members of the IWW. No one is quite sure where it comes from but there are a number of (tall) tales explaining it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a wobbly & an anarchist, couldnt ya think of a more positive description than the "king" of sports...

It's a sport - not a social system I'll call it what I want!

Now stop oppressing me!

I had to look wobbly up, I thought it was a synonym for "shaky" . I'm learning new stuff all the time just by hanging out at this awesome place.

Wobbly is a nickname for members of the IWW. No one is quite sure where it comes from but there are a number of (tall) tales explaining it.

Canadian Curling fans stick together!!!!!!

nahh, just gets boring discussing our global domination in hockey all the time

Hey..."we" have only temporarily gained back some respect. In order to get it all back you must win at least 2 years in a row and have all of your disenchanted refugees come back home.

you see.... the only reason we Canadians go to the U.S. is to rake in the obscene amounts of money you are willing to pay for our superior services. It's all part of the Master Plan for Canadian Global Domination

Unfortunately as an insider I know this isn't true. Americans only let Canadians into America(for leisure and trade goods) in order to steal secrets...unfortunately we are stupid and Canada's one service to America(beer) is taking way too long for Budweiser to recreate...when really all they would have to do is offer any random Canadian a home with a bit of electricity in order to get the national recipe for beer.

you see.... the only reason we Canadians go to the U.S. is to rake in the obscene amounts of money you are willing to pay for our superior services. It's all part of the Master Plan for Canadian Global Domination

As in selling them your oil? You realize that Americans are so desperate for oil that they will actually buy dirt (yes, dirt!) from Canada. It seems humiliating to say the least

Election day in Manitoba!

Will the NDP be re-elected?

or will the Conservatives sneak into power with their promise of bringing the Jets back to Winnipeg?

stay tuned election fans..........

I don't think the democrats have a shot if they are competing against hockey...they would be just as competitive if they said they were gonna legalize ice hockey for anyone to play at all. It is very unfortunate when you know the republicans have the upper hand.

Hmmmm the NHP (National Hockey Party)

has a nice sound to it don't you think?

That would be nice but seeing the new new I find it hard to believe this election wasn't fixed. What kind of Canadian wouldn't vote for a party promoting hockey???

Hmmmm the NHP (National Hockey Party)

has a nice sound to it don't you think?

That would be nice but seeing the new new I find it hard to believe this election wasn't fixed. What kind of Canadian wouldn't vote for a party promoting hockey???

Yes, I know it's hard to believe but it could have something to do with the Conservative party policies which are quite right wing.

We are Hockey Fans with a social conscience

Don't you have the European kind of social democrats over there? I hear Canadian politics are pretty similar to Swedish?

Are the green and peak oil issues important in the debate?

Not really.

We have a Green Party but they oddly enough are a little on the right wing in terms of policy.

The Conservatives are right wing, pro-business

The New Democratic Party is more left wing, pro-labour,pro health care & education than the other parties

The Liberal party falls somewhere in between. A little from the left, a little from the right.

I do wish that our parties would make environmental issues a higher priority but with the exception of the Green Party (which has no hope of gaining a seat and has right wing fiscal policies) there isn't too much out there.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe but it could have something to do with the Conservative party policies which are quite right wing.

Social conscience...just think...a new hockey team would create jobs for over 20 players...now thats what I call social conscience. Hockey rinks are also basically seasonal bars for over 10,000 people...this is good for everyone.

Social conscience...just think...a new hockey team would create jobs for over 20 players...now thats what I call social conscience. Hockey rinks are also basically seasonal bars for over 10,000 people...this is good for everyone.

not to mention those minimum wage jobs for kids selling popcorn, the concession stand workers, ticket booth people...... it all makes sense now!!!!!

I suggest the conservative party work out some type of violent minority uprising for the good of those who blindly disagree.

The worst part is the hockey pucks. People will stand at post 100paces away and hit slap shots at their unprotected enemy in the next province.