raw sunflower seeds

Hero

raw sunflower seeds are only $1.79 here in denver at Wholefoods. and I get 20% discount thanks to gf working at store.

there's about 110g protein and about 3,100 calories in a bag.

I am gonna attempt to eat one bag everyday so i can bulk up.

I am poor and this is the best cost effective solution for me.

I am also gonna eat whatever fruits i can afford. mainly bananas and apples or pears and berries. watermelon too.

can you do that???

everytime i eat sunflower seeds whether it's raw or not, organic or ''regular''.. i always have something like stomachache or i have to poop for for a long time.. it's really annoying.. it's probably the only thing ( that i know ) that bothers me and my stomach at the same time.. it's really cheap though.. and it tastes really good.. if i didn't have any problem to eat it like that.. i think i'd be eating that everyday as well too..

can you do that???

everytime i eat sunflower seeds whether it's raw or not, organic or ''regular''.. i always have something like stomachache or i have to poop for for a long time.. it's really annoying.. it's probably the only thing ( that i know ) that bothers me and my stomach at the same time.. it's really cheap though.. and it tastes really good.. if i didn't have any problem to eat it like that.. i think i'd be eating that everyday as well too..

Did you soak them? I have not had a problem with them if I soak them overnight first. And if I soak them too long, I have used a raw apple cider vinegar rinse to make sure they are still safe. It is a trick I read somewhere for making healthy monkey food.

everytime i eat sunflower seeds whether it's raw or not, organic or ''regular''.. i always have...i have to poop for for a long time

I think this is a good thing since it means your making more space to eat more. Also pooping can be enriching since your probably reading when you do it. Before these recent months of my life the mass majority of reading I've done has been on the John...if it weren't for that I'd be nearly illiterate

everytime i eat sunflower seeds whether it's raw or not, organic or ''regular''.. i always have...i have to poop for for a long time

I think this is a good thing since it means your making more space to eat more. Also pooping can be enriching since your probably reading when you do it. Before these recent months of my life the mass majority of reading I've done has been on the John...if it weren't for that I'd be nearly illiterate

I might quote that, it made me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to take sunflower seeds and turn them into nut-butter?

like peanutbutter, but with sunflower seeds?

or is there a way to mash em all up and have them in protein smoothies?

for some reason i cant get myself to eat more than a handful of these things.

You can put a mixture of cold pressed sunflower oil, and sunflower seeds in a food processor and it will make a nut butter.

You can put a mixture of cold pressed sunflower oil, and sunflower seeds in a food processor and it will make a nut butter.

what is a food processor?

what is a food processor?

It is like a blender but has more of a flat design and is better for making pastes and such. You can use a blender if you have a K-Tec or VitaMix or other high quality blender, you just may have to stir the nuts around as you blend them now and then. You can also make it with soaked nuts, but you will have to consume the butter quickly, as it goes bad fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Do it the "raw" way. Use a pestle and mortar to grind your seeds! At The Fresh Market where I live they have a machine that has a hopper on top to hold peanuts and almonds and you flip a switch and peanut/almond butter comes out. The best Natty peanut butter around(without all the salt).

ok, this weekend, when i have time i'm going to the health-food store, and buy myself some raw sunflower seeds, what is the best way to prepare it?

soaking? grinding? ( which one first? )

I put mine in the blender with my fruit and it almost tastes like peanut butter.