Photos from my April 28th Bodybuilding Contest

robert

Thanks Liz, you rock!

I hope to see you on here more often (when you have time). Are you sure you can't make it to the Vegan Vacation this summer?

I know you're a competitor too, so thanks for taking a look at the photos. I'll have more soon. I'm evaluating my posing and working to improve, and of course improve my physique in general.

Must sleep now....time to find a cave.

As much as I would LOVE to visit VV it's just not possible. I am going to Baltimore in 4 weeks - for 4 weeks though. That is something I have had to do for 5 years but never gotten around to, and 2 trips overseas the same summer...well it's an impossibility. The flight overseas is fairly cheap, but to fly domestic is a...ehm, ripoff. Since I'm not working either. But I've heard that a lowprice company will be available for domestic flights from May 22nd.

Man, sometimes I wish money fell out of my arse. Only big bills - no coins. That would kind of hurt my poor

But feel free to let me know if you'll be on the northern east coast area in June..

Caves rock!

You know what.........last time I was in Baltimore, I had a nice forum gathering. Quite a few of our members are out near there and more have joined since.

I just might have to try to scrape some money together to try to make an east coast visit.

Send me your travel dates and I'll see what my schedule looks like and I can see what fundraising I can do.

I think vegan bodybuilder ROBBIE Hazeley will be in Baltimore then too, so I just might have to do what I can to visit!

Some folks in Baltimore area........

viewtopic.php?t=5744

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Do you want to work at the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness stall? We'll have one there, already paid for.

I'm teaming up with www.veganbodybuilding.org , we'll be side by side, but I'm not sure who is working the booth! Possibly Gourmet Vegan Chef from this forum and that is all I know of so far.

Gorilla, do you want to work at the stall for me, along side Patricia (GVC if she can make it)?

Thanks!

I won't be able to commit to that - it's going to be a busy period. Hopefully next year I will be able to do it. Looks set to be a great success

Cool, thanks for the update man. No worries. It's tough to find someone to staff the stall 6,000 miles away But I know Pete from www.veganbodybuilding.org will help out most of the time. I'm even shipping stuff to him so it should be cool.

Maybe I'll make it over there myself next year too. Gorilla and Robert fruit eating contest 2008!

Take care man, I think it will be a fun event and I look forward to hearing about it from those who attend.

Awesome! That would be great if you could work and hour here or there!

I'm shipping supplies to Pete so he'll mainly set it up, but I'd LOVE for some of you to represent us there!

I may make it over to Baltimore but considering I'm completely broke and owe a lot of money to a lot of people/places, I'm not sure I can make it happen. I'm trying. I've got $2000 in t-shirts to try to move

Odidnetne - you are more than welcome to drive down. That would be a lot of fun Everyone else too for that matter.

As for accommodation I'm sure we can arrange something...

I've posted a new topic about this in the meetings and gatherings thread.

FormicaLinoleum - I believe that food will be my greatest issue. Thank goodness for fresh fruits but restaurats that serve yummy vegan little miracles wouldn't be bad at all. I'm all ears

FormicaLinoleum - I believe that food will be my greatest issue. Thank goodness for fresh fruits but restaurats that serve yummy vegan little miracles wouldn't be bad at all. I'm all ears

Okay--here are some of my faves.

Liquid Earth in Fells's Point. They serve primarily sandwiches, but there are lots of them and they are yummy! Oh, they also have loads of juices and smoothies. They are all-vegetarian and have a lot of vegan stuff. They have a "vegan sandwiches" section, but don't hesitate to ask if any other sandwich can be made vegan.

Yabba Pot on St Paul St. All-vegan. They have a rotating menu of a couple of mains and a few sides. They always have salads and raw choices as well.

One World near John's Hopkins University. Nearly all-vegetarian (some fish), varied menu. They have breakfast (brunch on weekends), lunch, and dinner. They label their vegan dishes.

Zodiac on Charles St. An omnivorous restaurant, but with a few labeled vegan dishes and--the important thing--a selection of vegan desserts. It's right across from The Charles, the 'artsy' movie theatre, so great for dinner and movie combo.

If you want to go farther afield, check out Great Sage in Clarksville (all veg, with labeled vegan dishes) and Vegetable Garden in Rockville (all-vegan Chinese).

I am sorry I didn't provide exact address or contact info, but this is all off the top of my head. If you need more details, give me a PM and I'll see if I can recall or find addresses.

Okay--here are some of my faves.

Liquid Earth in Fells's Point. They serve primarily sandwiches, but there are lots of them and they are yummy! Oh, they also have loads of juices and smoothies. They are all-vegetarian and have a lot of vegan stuff. They have a "vegan sandwiches" section, but don't hesitate to ask if any other sandwich can be made vegan.

Yabba Pot on St Paul St. All-vegan. They have a rotating menu of a couple of mains and a few sides. They always have salads and raw choices as well.

One World near John's Hopkins University. Nearly all-vegetarian (some fish), varied menu. They have breakfast (brunch on weekends), lunch, and dinner. They label their vegan dishes.

Zodiac on Charles St. An omnivorous restaurant, but with a few labeled vegan dishes and--the important thing--a selection of vegan desserts. It's right across from The Charles, the 'artsy' movie theatre, so great for dinner and movie combo.

If you want to go farther afield, check out Great Sage in Clarksville (all veg, with labeled vegan dishes) and Vegetable Garden in Rockville (all-vegan Chinese).

I am sorry I didn't provide exact address or contact info, but this is all off the top of my head. If you need more details, give me a PM and I'll see if I can recall or find addresses.

Awesome!!! I will PM you if I need any adresses - I wont be there for another 4-5 weeks but they are all written dowm. Vegan desserts... YUM! Haven't had any that I haven't made myself! You can't get them in this country. At least not wha tI'm aware of. Sucks.