Eugene,Oregon

Rawj

I know quite a few people on here are from Portland,but I was wondering who all here lives in Eugene?

I am excited to move there because it will be more veg friendly than here in Salem.

Edited by Rawj

I'm currently in Eugene attending the University of Oregon. Graduating in a few weeks actually, but I'll be staying around through the summer. I can't recommend Eugene at the moment because I have severe allergies and Eugene is not the place for an allergy sufferer as I type through red burning my eyes while trying to blow my nose every 30 seconds. But any other day Eugene is a great city. I actually live directly across from one of the organic wholefood markets in town which is incredibly convenient when I need to stock up on things. Good luck with your move!

• 2 weeks later...

PRI?

We have had sweet life stuff. It was awesome.

I am not really asking about places there or events. I already know about most of those. I am just curious as to who lives there for future meetups or hanging out and such. My friend/roommate is like the only Vegan I know in person and I want to meet more.

Also I decided quite a few months ago that I wont be more than friends with anyone who isn't Vegan (which is another reason I am glad I am moving to Eugene since it has more Vegans and Vegan places) or very close to Veganism(meaning they are making the transition or they have a pet chicken that they take great care of and eat its eggs/eat eggs from somewhere such as the Lighhouse Farm Sanctuary).

Hey Buddy!

Please post an intro in the Introductions section as well. We give everyone a very warm welcome!

More and more Oregon Vegans are joining us all the time. We have gatherings all the time, and it's quite cool!

Welcome!

• 1 month later...

So I will be moving to Eugene September 1. I will be living on Agate street. I am only a couple of minutes (by bike,but the distance/time is good for walking as well) from Sundance Natural foods which is cool.

Awesome! I visit Eugene about every 2 weeks these days. There are a couple of forum members who live there too. We had a 6-person gathering down there a few weeks back and it was a lot of fun!

Congrats on being in Eugene! It's an awesome city!

Anyone know of some cheap movers around Salem/Eugene? I do not drive and do not have a vehicle. I do not have tons of money so I am trying to find the cheapest mover as possible. I am not moving much. Pretty much just my bedroom. have very few things to move. A queen/king sized bed (not sure which), a computer desk,computer,computer chair, tv and dvd player, small cabinet, clothing, a treadmill, and a few smaller things. It is about a 65 mile move. I am moving on September 1.