Those that live in Oregon can watch my latest doc on OPB

bvp663

To everyone who lives in Oregon, you can watch my latest documentary on OPB (Oregon Public Broadcast) on Independent Lens at 10pm on Wednesday, August 29th. Mark your calendars and let me know what you think! Here's a synopsis:

Vanport: Oregon's Lost City (15 min run-time)

Vanport City was born out of WWII as the Oregon Shipbuilding Company rushed to provide housing for the influx of workers in the shipyards. By 1943 it was the second-largest city in Oregon and remains the largest government housing project in U.S. History. In 1948 the Columbia River Dike broke and wiped out the entire city in a massive flood, forcing the african-american and minority populations living there to migrate to other predominately-white cities of Oregon such as Portland. This film explores the flood and Vanport City and its impact on the racial diversity of Portland and the rest of Oregon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it! Great stuff man! I barely saw this in time. I got to see about half of it, but I still learned a lot about the history of North Portland and of course the city of VanPort.

I saw your name in the credits a bunch of times. Well done sir!

Yeah man, it looked good. I was in Corvallis today and I was chatting with the woman who owns the t-shirt shop (where I get the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness shirts made). She said she watched it last night and grew up in North Portland near where VanPort was. We were talking about documentaries and stuff like that and I brought it up and sure enough, she watched it as well

Well done son.

That's awesome man! I'm glad it's getting some views. Maybe I'll find a job in Portland afterall. If she wants, I can get her a copy of the dvd when I finish it. Just let me know her address, or you can just drop one off when you do t-shirt stuff.