changing your body

kihon_gent

Sorry for the uninspirational title, but bodybuilding's about changing your body so I guess it applies...

Also not sure if this is the right section to post this topic, but here goes.

For several reasons (not immediately relevant in this particular topic) I've been struggling with my weight and fitness-level for years now. It's gotten to the point where for the last few years I weigh a bit above 100 kg. My "normal" weight (late teens and early + mid twenties) has always been around 72 kg. I'm 36 now, and to get back to that I'd have to lose about 30 kg.

And no, the gained weight has nothing to do with muscles - most of it is FAT.

I've always been attracted to bodybuilding, but lately I've more & more come to fully realize that that's not what I want. Yes I want to be muscular. Yes I want a six-pack, and muscles and veins showing. But no I don't want to bulk up at all - I'd love to get back to my skinny self.

I love weights, but don't have to look like Arnold (just to name one monument).

Wat I'm interested in is to get back to a healthier life-style, lose all the excess weight, and have the body of a: gymnast-yogi-dancer-martial artist-contortionist-circus acrobat-and so on...

And not instead of but next to lifting weight: how to use my own body to work out, stay lean and muscular, and of course be as flexible as possible.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Books, dvd's, sites, persons, training routines, bodyweight-exercises,... All help's welcome! You can even post some inspirational pics of people who possess these qualities (can't find any right now, just writing this down in one go before I'm (sadly) off to the couch)...

THANKS!

• 3 months later...

Don't let anything stop you. If this is that important to you its the only way you'll get what you want. If the gym is closed do what you need to to get a workout in. You've gotta make exercise a routine to the point that you feel your really missing something if you don't do it.

Veganpotter has said it very well, don't let anything stop you. I missed several workouts last week due to the holiday, and I was so miserable! Fitness is the most important thing in my life, I consider being a vegan part of that, and it is the most important thing too, besides my family of course. But they get very annoying, and my workouts don't lol!