Where do the majority of your calories come from?

Zack

I was listening to Dr. Fuhrman talking about expanding nutrient density in your diet through cooked and raw vegetables as the basis of calories in a diet.

Right now the majority of my calories probably do come from vegetables.

Where do you get most of yours? Fruit? Grains? Vegetables?

Just curious.

Zack, I've read Dr. Fuhrman's book - Eat to Live. I think you might be missing the point. Dr. Furhman is an advocate of lower calorie, higher nutrient (nutrient dense) foods with an emphasis on green leafy vegetables...

When building muscle mass, as you know, you need extra than usual calories. How many vegetables would you need to eat in order for the majority of your caloric intake to be from green leafy vegetables?

I like Dr. Fuhrman's book - but I don't know that his ideology is very bodybuilding / weight gain friendly. I think he is more or less concerned with longevity and weight loss or low weight maintenance.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

I know what you mean. Basically the past few days has been a lot of vegetable soup/split peas. Stuff like that. Also a ton of juice.

Maybe I should have said the bulk of my food, rather than the calories, is vegetables.

I have noticed a difference in strength gains when I don't keep up the consumption of kale/broccoli/spinach.

I was listening to Dr. Fuhrman talking about expanding nutrient density in your diet through cooked and raw vegetables as the basis of calories in a diet.

Right now the majority of my calories probably do come from vegetables.

Where do you get most of yours? Fruit? Grains? Vegetables?

Just curious.

Zack, I've read Dr. Fuhrman's book - Eat to Live. I think you might be missing the point. Dr. Furhman is an advocate of lower calorie, higher nutrient (nutrient dense) foods with an emphasis on green leafy vegetables...

When building muscle mass, as you know, you need extra than usual calories. How many vegetables would you need to eat in order for the majority of your caloric intake to be from green leafy vegetables?

I like Dr. Fuhrman's book - but I don't know that his ideology is very bodybuilding / weight gain friendly. I think he is more or less concerned with longevity and weight loss or low weight maintenance.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

I know what you mean. Basically the past few days has been a lot of vegetable soup/split peas. Stuff like that. Also a ton of juice.

Maybe I should have said the bulk of my food, rather than the calories, is vegetables.

I have noticed a difference in strength gains when I don't keep up the consumption of kale/broccoli/spinach.

I wondered if that's what you meant... In terms of what type of food I take in the most phyisical mass or bulk - I really don't know. I would have to say fruit or perhaps greens depending upon the day. That's always my goal anyway. Although I'm going to start eating more beans and tofu to see if I can bulk up a little... I went from 145 to 133 in litteraly a week or two after going vegan and haven't been able to put the weight back on yet - even after increasing calories. I'm thinking maybe I need more protein thus the beans...

• 2 weeks later...