Ectomorphs and Protien / Calories.

dontxhide

I am a classic ectomorph so I always try to read different articles on how to gain mass. This is a crazy one I just read, what do you think?

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jon11.htm

He says to eat almost 400 grams of protein to get big! Although he also says eat junk food and meat, so I know its not vegan oriented. But 400 grams a day? Is that insane?

I am a classic ectomorph so I always try to read different articles on how to gain mass. This is a crazy one I just read, what do you think?

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jon11.htm

He says to eat almost 400 grams of protein to get big! Although he also says eat junk food and meat, so I know its not vegan oriented. But 400 grams a day? Is that insane?

I hope he wrote this article as an april fools day joke that was just never taken down...

Fast food and 100 g protein per meal??? That is just silly.

Eat alot of food. Focus on protein rich foods. Train heavy and hard. Then go home and sleep. That's all there is too it.

P.S. 400 g protein is probably way too much for you or most people. One would only "need" this much protein if they were huge and using gear. For beginners, and ectomorphs (who are small anyway), 200g is a good goal for daily protein intake IMO.

Its terribly unhealthy to eat that much but it will work. I ate a minimum of 300g a day for almost 8 years(about 3 as a vegan) and more than likely ate up to 500g on some days. I also didn't eat junk food and you don't need to to get that much. However I'm sure it would have caught up with me. Also protein wasn't my main goal...total food intake was...like his more than likely. Its just that that much protein is the result of eatin all that food. To be healthy this is way way too much but if you don't care and are willing to break your muscles down enough to require this much food then thats what you've gotta do.