Computer Question

robert

My friend called me because I know some computer people, obviously I'm not one myself.

He said he was trying to install something on his Gateway computer and ended up deleting some files by accident.

Now when he tries to play music or anything that requires sound he says the computer says:

"I check under sound and the program says I have No Audio Output Device Installed. What do I do?"

----

Anyone have any ideas for him?

Thanks!

What OS is he using?

If it is windows I think he should go to controlpanel->system->device manager )or something similar, dont remember the exact name) and check if there are any error messages for the sound device. That could give a clue to what is the problem.

Cool, thanks. I know he's using Microsoft Vista. I don't know much else. He was just messing around trying to install things and then had to un-install things and now he gets that message.

I'll follow up with him to try to get more info.

Thanks!

He probably unistalled som kind of driver. Try windows update. If that doesn't help he has to go to the computer manufacturers web page to get the driver. If it's not there he has to go to the sound card manufacturers web page and get the driver (if it is the sound card that is messed up).