Email the Chick-Fil-A Fast Food Chain about their Hypocrisy

joelbct

This is what I wrote. Perhaps it is too polite, but I think firmness but politeness probably gets you further in the long run. And no, of course I don't think there is such thing as "humane" animal farming or "painless" slaughter, but you have to start somewhere....

"Are your chickens and other animals you serve free-range? Are they treated humanely, and slaughtered painlessly? Or are they factory-farmed?

I recently saw a news piece about how your chain is Christian-oriented. I hope you can extend the Christian value of love and compassion to our less fortunate, less powerful creatures whom we share the earth with.

Sincerely,

Joel Berry

Irvington, NY"

• 2 weeks later...
I emailed Chick Filet but I had a hard time being as nice as you were. I agree with you that it's most effective to be firm but polite. But the polite part is so hard sometimes. Christian values? Chick Filet? Seriously . . .

Yeah, I know, right? The news piece I saw was infuriating... I think it is probably best for the Animal Rights movement to have several branches, some polite, and some more confrontational- I think actual footage like the Meat Your Meat documentaries was the most powerful tool in my own road to veganism...

Update: Chick-Fil-let never responded to my email, so I emailed them again with this link: http://www.factoryfarming.com/gallery/photos_poultry.htm