Mass Effect

pelicanAndrew

This is my new video game obsession right now. It's amazing and is an absolutely huge game with well over 20 hours if not more of game play in it(still haven't beat it). Great story line and really cool cinematic feel to the whole game. It has beat out Bioshock for my pick of game of the year.

Any fans of what Bioware has done in the past or fans of Deus Ex and other RPGs should check this out. It has the whole "chose your own path" thing to it but with so many different outcomes(i wont post any spoilers, you gotta just check it out).

I'll probably be playing it later tonight after I take care of business around my apartment!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I played through the first time as a male vanguard(paragon) and now I'm doing a male Infiltrator (renegade) I plan on doing a female Adept next time, probably do a mix of paragon and renegade.

Totally huge replay value. I'm doing things the second time through that I never even knew about the first time I played!

I still haven't made my my to Knights of the Old Republic II, so I am behind on my Bioware games. They are one of the greatest developers out there and their games have more depth than just about any others. Too bad EA snatched them up. Hopefully the quality won't suffer as it did with Westwood.

I still haven't made my my to Knights of the Old Republic II, so I am behind on my Bioware games. They are one of the greatest developers out there and their games have more depth than just about any others. Too bad EA snatched them up. Hopefully the quality won't suffer as it did with Westwood.

Quality has not suffered. They're back and badass. There is another game for PC called Witchcraft(or something) that uses the new engine they created for mass effect. If I had more money I'd buy that too.

I just finished replaying KOTOR 1 for the 3rd time. I liked 2, but not as much as one.

I do like bioware though!

Ah, sweet, I will have to check out that Witchcraft game at some point also. They were working on a game a long time ago set in an original in-house intellectual property. I can't recall the name, but it was sounding awesome when I was following the development. I wonder if it is still in the works.