Good Pre-Contest diet tips needed

Justin

Well, It's been a full year now for me as a Vegan. I am planning to do a Show in May, which will be my 7th show. I will post pre-contest photos as the date draws near...I am not really sure where to post them on here.........

I have been maintaining (5'11") 220 w/ full abs thus far and I have been maintaining my strength as it was before changing my diet. My cardio conditioning has greatly improved over this last year! I have been cutting out excess carbs and ingesting carbs only at certain points of the day. I take in carbs more towards the evening around 6pm.

I have been working more towards raw, but I feel I need to keep my diet balanced for my work performance through out the day. I work in a highly technical field, and I have to be very "coherent" at all times. That is why I am starting early.

Protein sources:

Vega and Hemp

all sorts of beans

Tofu

raw seeds (snacking)

I work out at 5 am before work. I will have a hemp w/ Super green mix in Cranberry juice before arriving to the gym.

Afterwards, I will have Vega with soymilk w/ hemp seed oil or Flax before heading to work.

Before lunch(930-1000), I may have some raw seeds/nuts and some type of fruit...time permitting.

For Lunch (12-100pm), it is a routine of Beans w/ hot sauce and a Salad (Raw Spinach, tomatoes, carrots, beets and cabbage w/olive oil and vinegar) . A couple of slices of Wheat/Rye bread.

After lunch (3-4pm), I may have some raw seeds/nuts and some type of fruit...again, time permitting.

Dinner, (5-6 pm) mainly beans again, or tofu w/ Brown rice.... 2 Veggie and 1 Fruit.......which varies.....mainly apples, oranges, and bananas, guava, and pomegranate.

This is what I has been the format thus far....and I just make sure that I am getting what I need nutritionally. I have been been supplementing fats with Hemp seed and Flax in the earlier part of the day to ensure that they are metabolized.

So, I am open to any suggestions as far as adding/deleting as the Show approaches!

Thanks,

~Justin

Hey Justin

You can post progress photos here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/rob/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=48

If that's you in your avatar, you look great! Your diet sounds very clean to me, but I'm not a bodybuilder so I'm just speaking from a health point of view. Maybe someone else will have something to add there.

Good luck with your competition, and please be sure to let us know how it goes for you!