What did your gym look like on Valentine's Day?

Lean and Green

So I was mystified at how empty the gym was until I realized that it was because of Valentine's Day. We all laughed at how it was obvious that the only ones (for the most part) at the gymj were the singles. I guess it's a good way to see who is or isn't taken; not like I care but it is still interesting to take note of.

So what did everyone's gym look like today, for those of you who went and trained? Here was my experience.

One girl did strike my fancy, though, she had a wonderful shirt on. It said "Stay Single" how perfectly fitting for the occassion.

As far as the atmosphere, there were the regulars: The Russian "banya" crew, with their dry sauna towel twirling and fanning in the air, oak leaves slapping, flower pot toting (to cool off the stones so they reheat), plastic bags on their feet, eucalyptus infusing, thermostat rigging, funky spa hat wearing folk. Of course, the old men who I am convinced come to the gym so they can simply walk around the locker room for as long as possible butt naked and convesring with each other. Actually there were also a couple of hard core couple partners which led the vibe in the gym for all the singles.

Oh yeah and the older jewish men who are really good at racquetball, I managed to get 7 singles games in, which was great. I clipped two guys in a game each and I was never able to beat them, not even when I was in peak condition 2 years ago. That really fired me up! Actually got some street rep as some others were watchin and complimented me afterwards. SWEET.......

Basketball courts were completely empty (unusual) and it seemed the cardio superfreaks were nonexistent. Only the iron pumpers were out and about.

Brendan Brazier and I trained at a gym in Glendale, CA. I had never been to this 24 Hour Fitness before, but we went during dinner time when many people would be out doing V-day dinners and it was busy, thriving and lively.

Trained arms tonight and made two "friends" at the gym and trained biceps with them for a bit. It was pretty cool.

Then we had our V-day dinner at Whole Foods and just got home. So, I'm back in L.A. and I'm happy to be here for the week.

The Y I go to was pretty busy actually. But I was there from 4-6pm, so most people wouldn't have gone out yet probably. I was studying for about an hour, I was meeting someone to run with, so I definitely noticed the crowd. I was even wished a Happy valentines Day by one of the trainers too! So that being the first time a guys said that to me, it was nice to hear.