Leakage

threeloaves

I've had the skids for 2 days now. I've never experienced a stomach virus like this (assuming that's what it is). Other than cramps, and gurgles I feel alright...just destroying the toilet every 20 minutes.

I haven't really eaten anything either. A few bananas, applesauce, and loads of water. That's about it. From what I've read thats all one can really do - no? I hope this passes soon - I'm pretty hungry.

Everyone's been getting this. Stick to the BRAT diet, my mom swears by it.

Bread

Rice

Applesauce

Toast

The starch in the food is supposed to help somehow. I remember when I had the stomach flu last year the doctor told me to have salty broth soups. Maybe make a miso soup with some vegetable broth in it and some crackers.

Get well soon

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I'm really suprised it hasn't been worse. The past few months I've been around so many co-workers, and customers who has been super sick with the flu. The people I work with have had it multiple times. They get it full blown. Diarrhea, vomiting, sneezing, coughing, etc. Nasty stuff. So, Im not complaining. I just wanna eeeaattt.

I haven't let it get me down though. I still managed to get my workouts in. And, on the weekend I usually only do cardio, and some body weight stuff. So, I'm not too upset. But, I got up today thinking it had passed. Thought I would jump some rope for awhile. Not even 15 minutes in - the gurgles returned, and had me haulin' it to the commode. I always thought "explosive diarrhea" was a dramatization.

It's crazy every single person i know has been very sick a couple times this winter. I'm the only one that i know that hasn't even got a stuffed nose or anything. It's pretty hard for me to get sick eatting like i do. Last two years since i've been eatting good never got sick and the 19 years prior i would get a serious flu and a couple colds.

Its not just about what you eat. You can eat the healthiest diet in the world and if your exposed to constant sneezing and you don't get sick thats just dumb luck. Diet helps but its not everything.

• 4 months later...

This is the third time since march this has happened. Same exact symptoms as before: horrible cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. If I haven't been on the pot I've been in bed - since sunday. I saw my physician once again who ran more blood work, and ct scans. Luckily this time no hospital visit due to dehydration...must have been the coconut water.

Holy crap, dude. I wonder if you have an allergy to something? 3 times since March is quite a lot. Even when my immune system was at its worst I would only get something like that once a year. I hope the doctors find out what's wrong with you. I can't imagine someone having luck so bad as to get the flu that many times! Especially when it isn't flu season.

Get well soon. Coconut water is great cuz it has lots of electrolytes but it's also got a lot of fiber in it too.