How to cheer up some bored lil kitties. I've tried everythin

compassionategirl

My cats Riley and Rambo must get really bored a lot in our apartment.

I have bought them all kinds of lil toys, catnip, you name it I have tried it. They play with a new toy for like 10 minutes, and then get bored of it and NEVER look at it again! Just like spoiled kids.

I have no idea what else I can do to make there lives more fun, especially when I am gone for long hours.

Any suggestions on how to cheer up some bored lil kitties?

I have no idea what else I can do to make there lives more fun, especially when I am gone for long hours.

I think that's the problem. I noticed that when we would go out, our dog would go in the trash can and take out the tissue and trash. I heard from a friend that his dog would do that too when they would be gone. Perhaps a way to show you NOT to go out and to stay home with them.

Reason why I started to stay home with our dog when the family would go out because I wouldn't want him to be home alone. Anyone live with you that could play with them and keep them company? Like wherever they go in the house, they have them come with them.

No, nobody, and I obviously need to to go school and work, though I would love nothin more to chill at home with them 24 seven.

Dogs and cats are different though. I have never had my own dog but i'd imagine that dogs really need companionship much more than kitties. Cats are pretty independent. At any rate, that is one of the reasons why I took in the second animal (so the two could be companions to each other when I am not home).

I think the bottom line is that it is hard to keep cats constantly entertained. any other suggestions anybody? if I give em any more catnip, they are gonna o.d.!!!!

I've found that no matter how many toys you buy, they most likely prefer the homemade kind, like a wad of paper to chase around. Though catnip mice are fun. My cats like a catnip banana (yes, it seemed weird to me at first as well,, but it's one of the few purchased toys they really get into!). They also have a round scratching pad that has a ball that runs in a track around the outside. They like to play with that.

Aside from interactive toys to use when you are there ('fishing pole' type toys are the best, IMO, or lasar light pointers) best of all, my cats like looking outside, and climbing their cat trees (they have 3 of them: two by windows so they can look out, and one in a hallway just to climb on).

If cats are bored, they usually will find ways to amuse themselves, I've found, especially if they have a companion.

When I left my cats overnight for the first time (with plenty of food and water) I came back to 1/2 of my tp rolled out onto the floor. I know who did it! and she has never done it before or since. (But I also felt bad for leaving them, and called and 'talked' to them on my answeriing machine!)

I think one thing that helps is to not let them have all of their toys out all of the time. Pick one or two to have out then after a few weeks switch them with some of the others… they will be like new toys all over again.

How do you know they are bored?

I think one thing that helps is to not let them have all of their toys out all of the time. Pick one or two to have out then after a few weeks switch them with some of the others… they will be like new toys all over again.

How do you know they are bored?

Hmm, good question madcat. Because they "look" bored I guess. Maybe I am just off base here, but putting myself in their shoes and I'd be bored so I am assuming they are too? dunno....

Tarz: