Cremation or burried?

compassionategirl

Well, I figure it would be easier to be cremated as I'm an organ donor (I mean I won't be needing them anyway). But if it's really bad for the environment, maybe instead I'll get a wooden boat, have it filled with flowers and be wrapped in a shroud and have my body set on fire and sent into the sea...........

About the land-use issue of burial: golf courses are another waste of land, IMO, and often take land away from wild animals.

So why not combine the two to cut the problem in half: a cemetary/golf course! More environmentally sound. More challenging for the golfer (" watch out for that tombstone on the right," and could develop some new techniques for the sport, like ricochet shots "bank to the right off of the Smith tombstone, and then left off of the Jones tombstone" )

There's a cemetary I pass every time I go to Urbana Illinois to go shopping. It's across the street from a High School, and the highway runs right between the two. Kind of creepy, but not as much as the PLASTIC flowers some people decorate the gravesites with (if anybody put plastic flowers on my grave, I'd be rolling around under them!)

About the land-use issue of burial: golf courses are another waste of land, IMO, and often take land away from wild animals.

So why not combine the two to cut the problem in half: a cemetary/golf course! More environmentally sound. More challenging for the golfer (" watch out for that tombstone on the right," and could develop some new techniques for the sport, like ricochet shots "bank to the right off of the Smith tombstone, and then left off of the Jones tombstone" )

There's a cemetary I pass every time I go to Urbana Illinois to go shopping. It's across the street from a High School, and the highway runs right between the two. Kind of creepy, but not as much as the PLASTIC flowers some people decorate the gravesites with (if anybody put plastic flowers on my grave, I'd be rolling around under them!)

cemetary golf would also attract goths, who typically are not interested in golf normally, that's another plus. one down side is the phrase 'goth golf' which is a bit of a tongue twister

The cemetary golf course is the bomb!

When I was a wee little one, my dad was playing rough-house with me and he knocked me out by accident - the weird thing, though, was that I could hear he and my mom hovering over me saying "is he ok?" etc. I just couldn't move or open my eyes - almost like dream paralysis. Since then, I've had this phobia that the same thing will happen when I die - that my heart will stop beating, but I'll still be conscious and stuck inside my dead body (kinda like the video for Metallica's "One").

Therefore, I'd opt for ashes. Or the "Fargo" wood chipper treatment.

Oooo, I like the idea of sort of recycling myself, somehow becoming nutritious for the earth without being wasteful or harmful in any way. I'm an organ donor myself, so I'm sure with all these healthy vegan inards I'm going to get picked over pretty good once I've expired...!

One thing that's always stuck with me, though, is what if you die of unnatural causes - like a serial killer gets you? Part of me likes the idea of the possibility of exhuming my body incase they need evidence to catch the jerk before they do it again.

Any thoughts?

I would hope that if anyone gets done in by a serial killer, forensics has taken plenty of evidence from the crime scene, the body, and gotten loads of pictures of everything.

I think (and I could be wrong) that the only time they would have to exhume your body is if they hadn't tested for certain substances before you were buried.

Personally if I am done in by anyone, I will haunt them at inappropriate moments and give them sores and boils in uncomfortable, sensitive places.

Personally if I am done in by anyone, I will haunt them at inappropriate moments and give them sores and boils in uncomfortable, sensitive places.

I'd add some dastardly itching, like poison ivy, that comes and goes (so they can't get used to it), mostly showing up at the most inappropriate times, and is in those same uncomfortable, sensitive places.

Paper cuts would also be a good addition.