the most bizarre thing....

jonathan

happened at work today.

i have just started a new job at real foods (veggie, bar fish oil, wholefood shop) in edinburgh and today was my second day.

yesterday was funny because i had about 4 or 5 people come up to me and ask me if i was really vegan (i was wearing my vegan power vest) - conversation going something along the lines of:

" - are you really vegan?

- yes

- really?

- yes

- really

- yes

- do you supplement

- no

- really?

- no

- really?! "

you get the idea!

so today i was wearing the same vest and a woman came up to me and asked me what i lifted. strange question to come from someone in her 60's. i told her and she was impressed.

so then she asked me if wanted to appear in a film.

*pretty shocked!*

i asked her what it was about and she explained. it is going to be a documentary type film about the injustices faced by people with physical disabilities, and how in the UK they are barred from certain establishments because some types of disabilities are not recognised by government agencies.

she said that i was to appear in two scenes, one as a lifeguard at a swimming pool (she originally asked me if i was a swimmer) and one in a gym.

in the lifeguard scene im supposed to be absentmindedly inspecting my nails by the poolside or something and in the gym i am supposed to be lifting big weights. this is intended to contrast the disabled people who are often not allowed in such environments.

she said that i was the biggest most muscled guy she had met so would be good for the role.

crazy stuff - shooting is going to be next month or the one after - obviously i will wear some sort of vegan vest in the gym if i can get away with it!

and the film is going to be broadcast on channel 4 (for those of you not in the UK its one of the main 5 terrestrial channels) so it could go out to a few million people.

its mad that one minute you are sweeping the floor in a shop and the next you are offered a place in a film!

jonathan

Awesome Jonathan!

Welcome to the film industry!

I know what you mean about those coversations with people. I've had my share of them, and Topher too. That is one reason why Topher and I often wear shirts similar to the one you were wearing. Something like Vegan Power or Vegan Bodybuilding, they get attention, and start up conversations.

Again, congratulations man, keep us updated!

-Robert

happened at work today.

i have just started a new job at real foods (veggie, bar fish oil, wholefood shop) in edinburgh and today was my second day.

yesterday was funny because i had about 4 or 5 people come up to me and ask me if i was really vegan (i was wearing my vegan power vest) - conversation going something along the lines of:

" - are you really vegan?

- yes

- really?

- yes

- really

- yes

- do you supplement

- no

- really?

- no

- really?! "

you get the idea!

so today i was wearing the same vest and a woman came up to me and asked me what i lifted. strange question to come from someone in her 60's. i told her and she was impressed.

so then she asked me if wanted to appear in a film.

*pretty shocked!*

i asked her what it was about and she explained. it is going to be a documentary type film about the injustices faced by people with physical disabilities, and how in the UK they are barred from certain establishments because some types of disabilities are not recognised by government agencies.

she said that i was to appear in two scenes, one as a lifeguard at a swimming pool (she originally asked me if i was a swimmer) and one in a gym.

in the lifeguard scene im supposed to be absentmindedly inspecting my nails by the poolside or something and in the gym i am supposed to be lifting big weights. this is intended to contrast the disabled people who are often not allowed in such environments.

she said that i was the biggest most muscled guy she had met so would be good for the role.

crazy stuff - shooting is going to be next month or the one after - obviously i will wear some sort of vegan vest in the gym if i can get away with it!

and the film is going to be broadcast on channel 4 (for those of you not in the UK its one of the main 5 terrestrial channels) so it could go out to a few million people.

its mad that one minute you are sweeping the floor in a shop and the next you are offered a place in a film!

jonathan

Congrats mate. I was about to say, "Is she saying that you are disabled because you are vegan?!". Lift them weights mate!