Aloha from Maui

BuiltRaw

Aloha, my name is cory. Im really happy to have found this site. Been a vegetarian vegan on and off now for 2 years(holidays and family pressure kill me) I gotta say that I'm ready to be a full on raw vegan. I know in my heart that is what I want and every one else I know will just have to deal with it. I'm trying to get into body building aswell. I use to play semi pro hockey and since than I have let my body go alittle. Weight shot up to 250lbs in a year and that is when I went vegetarian and lost 70 lbs in a year. I'm motivated now to get in the best shape of my life and stay on the path of raw Veganism. I hope to meet some great people on here and hope I can help some people out a well. If any one lives in Maui give me a shout always looking for like minded people to hang out with and have some green juice. Current stats are 6' tall 195 lbs 25 years old. Starting p90x on Monday and will probably do a journal on here about it. Well thanks everyone and if you want to know more just ask. Mahalo

Just your threat title made me grumpy. Why don't I live in Maui???

Stop reading my thoughts, Fallen_Horse, it's creepy. Hockey? Fantastic! What position? I was a figure skater back in the day, used to hang out with a lot of hockey players. (I must admit, just the thought of ice skating in the tropics is scrambling my brain.)

Welcome, Cory, and please feel free to drive us all crazy with lust by sharing your luscious raw Hawaiian recipes.

Baby Herc

the only ice I see now is in my blender for my smoothies!!!

Rats! My skates are gettin' dusty. I haven't done a snowplow on anybody in years!

Going home in awhile to make some pineapple papaya salsa for my bean burrito

We demand the recipe. Okay, I demand the recipe. Never mind, I'll just give you my address and you can drop off ten pounds of each.

Oh and I played defense. I was the enforcer on my teams and then they started giving us penalties for looking at a guy cross eyed so I had enough. Now I distill vodka and rum and am pretty happy.

Defense? I'll dispense with the missing teeth jokes then, I'm sure you've heard them all. Funny, most of the hockey players I knew played vodka position, too. Is that a rule?

I like Oregon personally. And thanks for the welcoming. They have a little bit of everything in Oregon. Great wine great food local farmers and environment.

Not to mention fantastic local beer, intoxicating organic chocolate, and several ice rinks. We also have quite a few Hawaiians, so to speak. You'll blend right in when you visit. I'll meet you behind the Zamboni.

Baby Herc

Herc that sounds solid. Oregon has amazing local beer. If you ever come to Maui I'll treat you to a martini and some green juice.

Woo-HOO! I've already had CoCoNut Porter http://www.mauibrewingco.com/mbc/MBCCannedBeer.html and loved it. I'll only accept a martini if it's on the beach. Speaking of which, I recommend taking all your progress pics on the beach. Regardless of your progress, we'll all be impressed and jealous as hell.

Baby Herc

Edited by Baby Hercules

you guys deffinitly just made me want to move to Oregon even more . I just have to get my finances in order and figure out what Im going to do about my house here in missouri. Im either going to keep it and rent it out or im going to sell it. I just dont feel right in Missouri, not to mention I get bashed on all the time out here for being vegan and its getting old. I would rather be in a state where I feel more welcome.

you guys deffinitly just made me want to move to Oregon even more .

We could definitely use your Missouri skills, especially in situations like this one last week.:

I drive a big ass 4x4, so this cracks me up every time. But I don't want to hijack BuiltRaw's thread.

So, Cory, about that Pineapple Papaya Salsa...?

Baby Herc

1 cup diced fresh pineapple 1/2 cup diced papaya 4 tomatoes diced 1/2 onion diced 2 jalopenos diced juice from one lime and a handful of cilantro finely chopped combine all ingridients and eat with beans or rice or with chips. I put it on my buritos or combine with rice and just eat it with a spoon. You can add salt and cumin if you wish aswell.

well if you eat the s.a.d diet then yes it is very expensive $8 for a gallon of milk $7 for a dozen eggs but being a raw vegan it is really not bad if you hit up the farmers markets. my fiance and i can get all our local organic produce and fruit for the week for about $45 dollars and we go through a ton of fruit and veggies cuz i make us green juice everyday in the morning.. so it really works out in our favor plus we grow alot of our food here year round cuz the weather is always 75-85 degrees year round. it really is paradise for a raw vegan or a vegan cuz there is so much food just growing all around you. i have fresh coconut water everyday and pineapples and oranges and grapefruits and limes and lemons and apples. thats just what grows in my back yard. but it is pricy to live here.gas is 4.50 a gallon and rent is around $1000 for an average place. but is is f***in awesome to live here i must admit.

Welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to hearing more from you and looking forward to having you in our Summer Shape-Up Challenge, similar to our New You for the New Year Challenge going on now.

I've been to Hawaii twice but never to Maui. Perhaps next time! My friend was just there and loved it, of course!

All the very best! Again, welcome aboard.

-Robert