The Vegan Bodybuilding Awards!

robert

These are just for fun and have not been voted on by anyone, just created by me. They are referring to the competitive and soon-to-be competitive vegan bodybuilders on www.veganbodybuilding.com – by Robert Cheeke (photos of each athlete with their write-up coming soon)

Vegan Bodybuilding Awards:

Best Physique: Alexander Dargatz

Alex has been competing for a while but absolutely stormed on to the Vegan Bodybuilding scene in 2005 when he joined the www.veganbodybuilding.com website, became a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsored athlete, and became a Vegan World Champion Bodybuilder. Alex is widely considered as the “Top Dawg” in the vegan bodybuilding world right now. Not too many will argue, at this time, Alex has the best vegan bodybuilding physique. Alex takes the time to help others with nutrition and is very open and kind and is a great role model and spokesman for the vegan bodybuilding lifestyle.

Read more about Alex here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/724

Ironman: Robbie Hazeley

Robbie has been at this a long time. Before vegan bodybuilders Robert Cheeke, Alexander Dargatz, Kristopher Flannery, Mike Brazell, and other current vegan bodybuilders; there was Robbie Hazeley. Robbie has competed over 50 times and consistently places high in his contests, which he amazingly enters up to 6 times in the same year, or more! Robbie is known for his hardcore training, his attention to detail with his nutrition program, and for taking new bodybuilders under his wings and showing them the ropes. Robbie is an athlete many vegan bodybuilders look up to.

Read more about Robbie here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/robbie.htm

Rising Star: Kristopher Flannery

Kristopher ‘Topher’ Flannery is a vegan bodybuilder who is considered to have of the best physiques out there. He made the cover of a vegetarian magazine in 2005 and was featured in other magazines that year, helping put vegan bodybuilding on the map. Topher is a rising star in the Vegan Bodybuilding world and plans on competing sometime in the not to distant future. Topher is another Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsored athlete and shows great promise to carry the Vegan Bodybuilding Torch to the next level. He is the first ever 2-time Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness contest winner and the first ever Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Athlete of the Year in 2004.

Read more about Topher here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/714

Best All-Around Vegan Bodybuilding Athlete: Mike Brazell

Mike is not only a competitive vegan bodybuilder, but also a fitness instructor, personal trainer, marathon runner, and a coordinator for PETA! Mike is an awesome all-around vegan athlete and a great voice for animals. He is very active in his community with animal rights and fitness issues. On the bodybuilding stage, Mike placed 2nd in 2005, joining other vegan bodybuilders with top 3 finishes. Mike’s well-balanced athletic program keeps him in great shape all year round. Mike is projected to be another Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsored athlete in 2006.

Read more about Mike here: http://www.peta.org/Automation/NewsItem.asp?id=7621

Best Vegan Bodybuilding Promoter: Robert Cheeke

For the past half decade the name Robert Cheeke has been synonymous with Vegan Bodybuilding. Robert has been promoting the Vegan Fitness lifestyle since the year 2000 and in 2002 started a company called Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. At that time he created the website www.veganbodybuilder.com, now www.veganbodybuilding.com. Robert is featured on over 100 websites, on TV, in movies, and in magazines such as Flex, Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness, VegNews, Beyond Nutrition, and others making him one of the most recognized vegan bodybuilders in the world.

Read more about Robert here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/2

Thanks Kollision,

They aren't anything official but I just wanted to bring attention to the guys who get up on stage representing veganism to the public in the bodybuilding world.

I'll have to come out with the Strongman and Powerlifting Awards soon too

-Rob

I am beyond honored to be part of such an amazing line up of athletes and individuals. You guys rock!!!

I appreciate everything that everyone does out there in your efforts to further animal rights. If there is anything that any of you ever need from me please feel free to drop me a line [email protected].

Thanks again-- I'll be smiles all day long!

http://www.goveg.com/mike.asp

Here is another quick link to my personal weight loss adventure on our goveg.com page.

Keep up the good work peeps!!!

Mike B.

Vegan Campaign Coordinator

PETA

You guys rule! It is great to have you as part of the team of competitive and soon-to-be competitive vegan bodybuilders. As you guys know, I'm always short of time (I did the write-ups at work) but I'll try to add a photo for each of you in this section and I'll put this up on the main site too.

I just wanted to recognize you guys for getting up on stage and in magazines showing that you can be fit, strong, healthy and successful, as a vegan athlete.

Well done all of you!

-Robert

Thanks man, good idea. We need more vegans to start competing on stage!

So for all of you who are thinking of getting up on stage, please do. I know there are a numbe of you guys out in Germany who are thinking of competing soon.

Feel free to ask any of us who have competed for advice, suggestions, etc.

I hope to see a bunch of vegan bodybuilders emerging over the next few years.

-Rob