Lifting Chart II Bests in Push-ups, Pull-ups, Dips

How many consecutive reps can you do for these exercises?

We'll start a chart and them update it when you set new personal bests.

Just follow the example and then I'll make a chart out of it when I get info from a bunch of others:

Name: Robert

Weight: 176 lbs

Push-ups 77 consecutive

Pull-ups 40 consecutive

Dips 31 consecutive

*you don't have to add the word consecutive, I just put it there in case someone missed it.

Let's see what you got!

Name: Bigbwii Da Fruitarian One

Weight: 165 lbs

Push ups, 150-reps

Chin-ups, 37-reps

Bench Dips, 70-reps

Upside-down Shoulder Press, 20-reps

crunches, 130-reps

Squats, 41-reps

Calf Raises, 800-reps

Neck curls, 228-reps

I find it too hard to compare. It depends a great deal on form.

And Rob, you can do more pullups than dips?!

What the hell....

Bigbwii, nice numbers, but 41 squats? Come on, you can't be serious! Try again and don't post unless it's got at least three figures!

Come on Daywalker, don't be scared. It's OK if you don't win

I don't know about dips, I haven't done them in a long time. I'll check again sometime soon

Yeah, nice numbers Big.

AD - I know that form is an issue, but this isn't a scientific list like my scientific men to women vegan ratio survey I'm conducting around the world. It's just for fun, so post your numbers so I know what I have to beat when you come out here.

Lookout!

Daywalker...Talk is cheap buddy where's your numbers..c'mon lemme see

Robert...I think Daywalker is still shell shocked from me beating him on the chin-up comp....

Yes..... he tasted the sweet taste of FRUITARIAN POWER!!!!!

You da man Big! I agree. Daywalker is scared and still facing defeat in the pull-up contest. I was like that for a while in the hanging back contest. I never made it over 2 minutes. But like a big boy, I still post my numbers

Don't sing it.....BRING IT!

I am The Game.....because I am that D*mn Good!

Ah, i know that you know that i cannot be beaten

If someone is stronger, or bigger, or does more reps it's only because they cheat Roids, half ROM, swinging, bad form, counting wrong... i'm sure you know a lot of tricks to beat me

My numbers?

I honestly don't know. I hate push ups, haven't done them for ages. I use additional weight on the other exercises, i don't like doing more than 25 reps.

I'll try how many pull-ups with claps and push-ups with claps i can do, and for squats... i'll try how many i can do in 10 minutes - no, make that 5. I'll probably get bored and i really don't want to squat for an hour, don't see any sense in that

Dips should be around 30-35 reps i guess. I can do 5 with 40kg and 1 with 55kg, nice clean reps of course

These kind of contests really should be done in a meeting, when everyone can see the form the others use, and when all have the same circumstances.

Apropos hanging back contest: In Edinburgh we tried it one-handed (AFTER the strongman event, i might add!), and i got one minute with the right hand (and 55 seconds with the left if i remember correctly).

Now bring that, sing sing talking him!

• 2 weeks later...

Back over last summer , I did monday- chest shoulders triceps

wednesday - quads hams calfs

and friday - abs back and biceps...

mondays I would do a set of pushups to failure before I would go outside and do my little workout and also a set of handstand pushups to failure...

wednesday - a set of bodyweight squats to failure

and friday - a set of bicycle crunches to failure...

I worked my way up to having 120pushups at 1 time before I went and did my 30handstand pushups before going to do my workout outside , but then I got lazy and started partying down at my cousins house drinkin n smokin.. and like didnt start working out again till beginning of 2nd semester... My pushups dropped to like 50 , I lost alot of muscle endurance since then and havent gained it back up yet. Because I am focusing on a powerlifting program right now once I get back in the gym to raise my benching power instead of endurance. But once I graduate from highschool and start boxing or UFC I still start back that routine that I did that got me up to 120pushups

Apropos hanging back contest: In Edinburgh we tried it one-handed (AFTER the strongman event, i might add!), and i got one minute with the right hand (and 55 seconds with the left if i remember correctly).

Now bring that, sing sing talking him!

That's awesome. What are you doing for grip training?

That's awesome. What are you doing for grip training?

I use mantras when doing the hanging back

Like "I'm the biggest, the best, better than the rest!"

or "Don't budge, not an inch, not a hair!"

or "No pain - no pain - no pain ... okay, pain, ouch, much pain now! But i can stand it, i can stand it! A vegan bodybuilder can stand anything! Anything! Pain is my friend, my friend, it helps me, it sharpens my senses, it makes feel alive! OUCH, m***f***!" and then i drop

I don't do special grip training, but i guess i should, cos my grip isn't that strong. I have problems with my grip on heavy DL, heavy pull ups or the farmers walk we did in Edinburgh. It gets better though, just doing heavy stuff like DL and shrugs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok...today is my first day back to training in 3 weeks...I'm feeling pretty out of shape

The weather is bad and it's raining heavy, so I decided to stay indoors and do some indoor training...I wanted to see how far I could push myself....I ended up doing 2015 push ups in one hour...it was real tough by about 1700 and I really wanted to stop...but I had to start as I meant to carry on...

• 4 weeks later...