Pushups

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will, you are speaking my language!

I know I've done 500+ in one day during my past push-up training. I started doing push-ups everyday again recently. I'm only on day 4 now, 835 days short of my consecutive days streak that I am not inerested in beating.

Give me a number this Sunday and I'll shatter it on Monday

Just kidding, but post your # and I'll see what I can do on Monday (my day off) more time to push myself up.

Bring it WP!

Are we talking about fast pushups, or really really slow ones?

Yeah Rob got what I meant. Do them slow, fast, or however you like as you long as you go all the way up and down on each rep.

Speedwise I usually do them somewhere in between, not too fast, and not too slow.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing extreme high volume a while ago on pull-ups and push-ups. I think my highest day was 460 for push-ups and 250 for pull-ups. I did this about everyday for I'd say about a month averaging maybe 3 to 400 a day. Eventually some muscle in my chest started hurting.

I think the most push-ups I ever did was slightly over 500 in one day, but I'll be doing more soon to get into the 500/500 club I came up with for fun. 500 push-ups and 500 sit-ups in one day. In sets of 25-50 it is pretty easy to do it throughout the day and have it add up to a high number.

Also in small sets like that, around 25 reps, it won't be too taxing on the body.

I did push-ups for 839 consecutive days. That was hard, mostly just to not forget! But I always felt fine, no injuries or soreness, it came as natural as breathing or walking since it was something I did everyday without exception.

I'm doing to start doing more pull-ups soon too.

Keep on pushin it!

• 2 weeks later...

I set a new website record today and I think it's my own personal record for one day of push-ups in my entire life.

I did 715 push-ups today and I also added 1,065 sit-ups, which I don't think is my own personal record in one day, but a new website record.

Most of the push-ups and sit-ups were done after 9PM, so I should have done more during the daytime.

So that is the new number to beat....who is going to get 716?

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i did 1'000.

It was harder than i thought

I did sets of 25-35 reps. In the beginning, the hardest part was keeping track and not getting confused with how many i had already done But the last 200 or so really hurt my palms! My girlfriend said "What about putting a cushiony under your hands?" wtf - i'm a MAN!

So no cushion, but calluses today (i didn't do any push ups for a long time, my hands weren't used to the hard floor, it's quite different than a barbell ).

Train hard, eat smart,

Daywalker

Man who Walks in Day,

Great Job on the 1000 push-up mark!

I will have to get 1001 now! You destroyed my record of 715

All you do is make me work harder!

Keep it up buddy, we both have October contests to get ready for! I'm in OK shape, but I think I'll be ready by Oct. 15th. I won't be as BIG or LEAN as you but I think I'll be ok.

Catch you later man,

Big Big Fat Him

Hey thin-thin!

All you do is make me work harder!

It works both ways, you know

Keep it up buddy, we both have October contests to get ready for! I'm in OK shape, but I think I'll be ready by Oct. 15th.

Yea man, i'm looking forward to see some contest-pics of you! Preferably from the top of the pedestal at the award ceremony That'll give me a boost two weeks before my competition!

I won't be as BIG or LEAN as you but I think I'll be ok.

That's B-U-L-L-SHIT! I'm sure you're gonna be great! I actually feel very thin thin and flat at the moment

But i know it's part of the preparation phase... i'll be in top shape on the day! As you'll be!

Remember: train hard and eat smart

(and train smart - but don't eat hard )

Daywalker

Will,

The bar has been raised but I know we can do it! The best thing about these contests is that we push each other.

Even if we don't break all the top records we can always work to set our own personal bests.

Keep on Keepin on. Life's a Garden...Dig it.

-Thin Thin Flat Push-up Him

AHHH... i totally want to do 1000. I believe I could do it if I did it from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. I haven't pushed myself that hard yet to see my total limit, maybe I physically couldn't do it.

Daywalker, maybe you could try using push-up bars? They might hurt less. Or do them on the beach!

AHHH... i totally want to do 1000. I believe I could do it if I did it from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. I haven't pushed myself that hard yet to see my total limit, maybe I physically couldn't do it.

You're right, i think. It's possible if you have a free day any do some every 15 or twenty minutes.

Daywalker, maybe you could try using push-up bars? They might hurt less. Or do them on the beach!

What beach?

I have no push-up bars, and i won't get some only for this. I'm not the push-up junkie i used to be when i first started working out. I only did this once and won't do it again for some time i think

201 today within approx 45 minutes. So, 2000 within one day should be possible

201 in the short time is good, Nobbi!

But don't be fooled, i think 2'000 would be harder than you think. It would mean doing 125 push ups every hour for 16 hours. So that's ~32 every 15minutes.

It's possible of course, but i think you'll feel your muscles the next day