Is anybody here a swimmer?

• 2 weeks later...

I swim 3/4 days a week - though I wouldn't describe myself as a swimmer yet because I am still taking a weekly session to improve technique. I suppose it would depend what your bodybuilding goals were. I swim for general fitness and tone ( + enjoyment and stress relief) - and lift light weights twice a week to help gain some bulk.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a swimmer for many years, both competitive and recreational.

It's terrific for building overall strength, but generally doesn't create a lot of bulk. I'd add it to your routine for some diversity and all over toning, but don't expect it to replace your bodybuilding if you are wanting to be "big" in addition to fit.

arnold loved to swim. 'nuff said.

seriously though, I swim. If you swim correctly, you'll be okay. And by correctly I mean that most of your propulsion is coming from your hips/core and not from you pulling yourself with your arms and shoulders.

Check out the book "Total Immersion".

okay guys i guess i didn't make myself clear enough...

i swim varsity on the swim team at high school. i know how to swim correctly, and i'm fast. i just don't have the physique that i want like some of the other guys.

i'm looking for tips and suggestions, meal plans, exercises, that can fit in with my schedule of swimming for an hour and a half.