Vegan Vitamin D3 has arrived - Possibly

All thanks to my prodding the manufacturer for two years to come up with a vegan D3 formula - you can thank me later

But, in all seriousness, I have been in contact with them (they developed the original V-Pure product and are the makers of Opti3 DHA/EPA) for some time, and put them to the challenge of coming up with a vegan D3, which they certainly did create. It should be available here in the end of August, I've got a big pre-order set for it the first moment we can get it shipped in.

There are actually some new mushroom-derived vegan D3 supplements that just came out as well (actually vegan, not the Garden of Life "we call it vegan even though it isn't" stuff), should have those in stock in the next week or two as well. Strange when those times come around where something that has never existed before comes out in multiple versions at the same time!

And, as an addendum, the sun just doesn't cut it for everyone.

I was diagnosed with dangerously low Vitamin D levels this past month, and I've always been good about taking supplements containing reasonable dosages of D2 fairly often (not to mention, I've had more sun this summer than in the past decade!) Some people like myself just don't process D2 well and don't seem to get enough sun time to really get things to proper levels, so a highly-absorbable form of D3 could save more vegans a real pain the butt situation such as what I've gone through. Since having to go on a prescription megadose (50,000iu/week for 6 weeks), I've noticed my aches and joint pains decreasing, my mood elevating and depression/panic attacks lessening significantly. Not only that, but my slow skin healing (due to my eye treatments) has actually gotten better this month as well, something I thought would always be an issue, but apparently my low D3 really made it worse. Sometimes, D3 deficiency can manifest itself in strange ways, it never hurts to get tested periodically just to be sure!