Protein intake

I'm certain that this question has been asked a bunch of times on this board, but I'm new here and have not figured out how any of the topic search works, so I figured I would just ask. I'm beginning to start up on the vegan diet and I have a basic idea what to consume for protein, but I wanted to ask wha protien requirements are for a male vegan weight lifter. I'm working on getting to 160 lbs of lean muscle. Not looking to bulk up, just basic lean and strong muscle. I had read on a blog(take with a grain of salt) that as a vegan your protein requirements are around .8 a gram of protein. Does anyone have any answers?

2 grams per kilo or 1g per pound seem to be a value that many people use. I think that it wouldn't matter if you are a vegan or not, your protein intake will pretty much be the same, only coming from different sources.

You can get protein in whole foods, beans, lentils, quinoa, soy products.... and some pretty good supplements as well

Take a read on the diaries in the Online Training Journals & Blogs section to see what works for some people.

If anyone can provide a better answer I would like to read it as well =)

The following recommendations are from Vegan for Life which is a relatively new book written by two Vegan Rds.

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Life-Everything-Healthy-Plant-Based/dp/0738214930/

Daily Intake: .9g per kilo of healthy body weight, .4g per pound of healthy body weight.

For strength atletes it is 1.3g - 1.8g per kilo of healthy body weight, .6g - .8g per pound of healthy body weight.

Endurance Athletes are between the two.

By healthy weight they mean anyone not carrying excess body fat. So, if you were wanting to lose fat you would want to use your target weight rather than your current weight.

The following recommendations are from Vegan for Life which is a relatively new book written by two Vegan Rds.

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Life-Everything-Healthy-Plant-Based/dp/0738214930/

Daily Intake: .9g per kilo of healthy body weight, .4g per pound of healthy body weight.

For strength atletes it is 1.3g - 1.8g per kilo of healthy body weight, .6g - .8g per pound of healthy body weight.

Endurance Athletes are between the two.

By healthy weight they mean anyone not carrying excess body fat. So, if you were wanting to lose fat you would want to use your target weight rather than your current weight.

So I am doing it right then. I'm shooting for about 155-160lbs so basically 124-128 grams of protein should be sufficient