how can I minimize my carbs without losing energy ???

nobbi

Hi veggies,

I disapprove any supplements - except soy protein and try to avoid ready-to-serve meals. I have just started with body building two months ago, but getting fine results already. Now I try to get rid of some kilograms. I am absolutely not fat, but have the normal problems with butt and stomach. Some books advise a maximum of carbohydrates of 150 grams. But if I try to reach this limit my energie drops to 2026 kcal. What do I have to eat for energie, but low carbohydrates?

What about the fat in peanut butter? High energie, but lotsts of fat. Is this fat better than lots of carbohydrates of e.g. oat, pasta or fruit?

I work-out 5-6 times a week and try to run 3-5 times a week on a low intensity.

Norbert, The Netherlands[/b]

Edited by nobbi

Hi veggies,

I disapprove any supplements - except soy protein and try to avoid ready-to-serve meals. I have just started with body building two months ago, but getting fine results already. Now I try to get rid of some kilograms. I am absolutely not fat, but have the normal problems with butt and stomach. Some books advise a maximum of carbohydrates of 150 grams. But if I try to reach this limit my energie drops to 2026 kcal. What do I have to eat for energie, but low carbohydrates?

What about the fat in peanut butter? High energie, but lotsts of fat. Is this fat better than lots of carbohydrates of e.g. oat, pasta or fruit?

I work-out 5-6 times a week and try to run 3-5 times a week on a low intensity.

Norbert, The Netherlands

Hrmm, what Cycle are you in right now? Bulking or cutting? What exactly are you aiming for? Bodybuilders have different cycles, so Im not sure what you are in right now. Could you please clarify?

Hi nobbi.

In my opinion for beginners it's no problem to gain muscle and at the same time lose body fat.

It really doesn't matter that much whether you eat low carb or low fat, it's the total amount of calories. Don't get things too complicated. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and add protein sources to that. Try to stay low on fats, they usually are sufficient in your protein sources anyway. Eat often, but small portions. Drink water between the meals. If you gain weight easily, watch carb-loaders like pasta and bread.

For the workout, try to split your cardio from your weight training. Do the basic exercises often but not to muscle failure, try to come close to it but not reach it. Thus, you can train more often in order to burn more fat and will still grow due to the weight training.

Keep it simple

If you have questions left, ask

Greetings,

Daywalker