Greetings from frosty Toronto...

Animal

Whiplash, I'll have to give it a try. Do you kill people at all?

Nah. You knock them out, but they recover after some time has elapsed.

They had to keep it PG13. It already caused quite a roar in England, where the pharmaceutical industry was concerned it may affect impressionable young minds. That's why PETA gave them their award for the game.

It's amazing. When we show them advertisements for burgers geared to their aesthetics and sensibilities, with clowns and crap, its okay. But when we teach compassion, then we are being manipulative... Boils the blood, doesn't it?

Whiplash, I'll have to give it a try. Do you kill people at all?

Nah. You knock them out, but they recover after some time has elapsed.

They had to keep it PG13. It already caused quite a roar in England, where the pharmaceutical industry was concerned it may affect impressionable young minds. That's why PETA gave them their award for the game.

It's amazing. When we show them advertisements for burgers geared to their aesthetics and sensibilities, with clowns and crap, its okay. But when we teach compassion, then we are being manipulative... Boils the blood, doesn't it?

Exactly! I think they want to also fool the minds as to where it comes from. Pisses me off having to see a happy cow on their trucks or products. Far from the freakin' truth.

I say, lets make a Mature rating game where you kill the people. That's the least of their worries. They do far worse.

I see this more like an adventure I'll have to go through on my own. Which is why I'm here and reading a lot on it. (I guess I wanted to hear that second opinion with the second trainer...)

I don't think society is ready to hear the sad truth about what's in our food today. I heard mixed reviews on Soy too, and I really never drink much of it anyway, regardless of what it does. And my sister tells me that many people that have been in the gym business for so long have only one frame of mind, which is too bad, so much has changed in the last decades.

I'm not going to let them get me down, on the contrary, i'm somewhat thankful, because it gives me even more drive

*Maybe I can become a Vegan Personal Trainer..

I don't use a trainer myself, but the gym I go to (goodlife fitness) has posters promoting their training programs (which include nutrition and workout routines). The posters mention that they also cater to vegetarians. Its not the trainers that have the misconceptions here it seems, its the heavy lifter patrons that seem to have these notions. And bodybuilder websites seem to spew the beef->muscle mantras. I've read a few articles that claimed that a soy based diet will reduce testosterone levels and decrease muscle growth potential and semen production in males. I'm not sure how 'scientific' these articles were, even if the authors had PHDs attached to their names. The point is that even if its total rubbish, being constantly told that does affect the morale. When a lie gets repeated enough times, even a rational person starts having occasional doubts.

I say, lets make a Mature rating game where you kill the people. That's the least of their worries. They do far worse.

Hahaha. I like your attitude. I think me and you would get along famously. From an efficacy perspective, I try to tone down the anger since it may create hostility to the cause. But sometimes you gotta vent those anti-humanity sentiments. You gotta check out an album called Ethos Musick from the band Exit-13. They have some pro-pot related content you may or may not like, but also lot of direct action eco defence content, pro-veg, and anti-human lyrics. Check out a song called "Open Season (The Story Of Hunter Slaughter)", about a fellow that was lurking in the Northeast Pennsylvania woods with a rifle, gunning down hunters.

I'm not going to let them get me down, on the contrary, i'm somewhat thankful, because it gives me even more drive

That's the right attitude.

That's another reason why this website rocks. It shows you people who are are successful vegan athletes. We need role models.