Newbie here, need Help please!

LilttleLalah

Hi!

Newbie here...I've been thin all my life, and I want to gain weight, but not fat. I'm 5'1 and 93 lbs female, but I have a little pooch.

Currently I'm not really active and I get physical therapy for my neck twice a week (strength training of upper back arms and neck muscles).

I don't want to lose more weight, but I want to be able to get rid of that problem area

while gaining muscle around my calves, legs, arms, and the derriere/ass.

I would like to know any tips on being "skinny fat" and how to do this without drastic weight loss. I want to gain muscle instead of fat, since I don't want to be skinny anymore either.

How many carbs, fat, and protein do I need to get where I want? What kind of diet is best suited for me? Any diet that is Gluten free and Low Glycemic but will give me the energy I need to build muscle?

Also, I have Fibromyalgia, and cervical spondylosis, so I can't do anything too intense.

As for diet, I have food sensitivities, blood sugar issues and lactose intolerant. I cannot eat foods with wheat or gluten.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope someone can help me, thank you for reading. ^_^

might want to check out Dr Joel Fuhrman who has had some success with Fibromyalgia. Lessing it would be a great step forward in getting the body that you want. You will have to push your muscles to make them grow and use resources that you are taking in. I am guessing that you are vegan even though you did not say it in the intro. You can often borrow his book from the library.

Hey LittleLaLah! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum . Hope you find the answers for your concerns here. A resistance training program with a sensible healthy diet will certainty get you on the right track to

your goals. Try posting in the health and nutrition section for more help. see you on the forum!

Hey LittleLaLah! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum . Hope you find the answers for your concerns here. A resistance training program with a sensible healthy diet will certainty get you on the right track to

your goals. Try posting in the health and nutrition section for more help. see you on the forum!

• 3 months later...