Hello All

bflopaul

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Paul, I'm 34 from the Buffalo, NY area. I went Vegan a few months ago after being Vegetarian for about a year. My wife and kids (3 and 1) are vegan as well. In the past year I have lost roughly 20 lbs (some of it muscle) and I am trying to get my diet, training and lifestyle on a positive track. I look forward to getting to know the many wonderful people of this community.

Nice, welcome to the forum. Someone recently posted asking about other upstate NYer's you should search for them on here. I'm down in NYC (Brooklyn) but a large chunk of my relatives are up in Buffalo/Lancaster/Depew/Syracuse. I was up there last Thanksgiving actually.

-Dylan

Thanks Dylan! I will have to find that person, sometimes I feel like we're on an island. There not as many vegans here as there are in NYC. I lived there (well Hoboken) for about 4 years. I hope to make a drive there this summer...mostly for the food . Really looking forward to checking out Foodswings.

ha yeah food swings is fatty junk-foodie goodness! I like it there a lot. If you find good vegetarian restaurants or regular ones that have good vegetarian options please post on the forum and let me know so that I can hit them up next time that I'm in Buffalo.

Foodswings! Yay! I was there last year during my birthday week celebration, and while it was very tasty, it definitely does not qualify as health food! Hahaha! Anyhoo, welcome aboard, Paul! Great to have you here!

kareno: I agree totally not health food, but I have to indulge a little bit while on vacation

stcalico: I have not started training yet per se. . As of now I run about 3-4 miles 3 times a week play lacrosse 2 times a week. Since I have changed my diet a lot in the past year, I have been struggling a lot with getting everything "honed in", to a point where I feel like I still have adequate energy at 9pm (sometimes 10) to hit the gym (once the kids and wife are in bed). But I now feel I am finally ready to develop a regimen, regain lost muscle and take my body back. Having a desk job along with poor eating and exercise habits for the past 10 years have not been kind to me. But on a positive note, I'm under 200lbs and I know I'm on the right track...but the body doesn't seem to respond like it did 10 years ago either .

robert: Thank you, glad to be here.

Eh that sounds like you train, maybe not train specifically but you are very active so moving into a training specific program will be a smooth transition.

Food Swings, 3 words, buffalo chicken burger.