my dog is driving me insane!

thendanisays

my 1 year old daschaund is driving me nuts lately. he was getting so good, now, since my boyfriend moved out, and dad moved in, he has taken giant steps BACKWARDS! he keeps going to the bathroom on the floor and chewing up EVERYTHING! now i tkae him out sevral times a day, long walks a couple days a week, and i try to keep everything off the floor.....but he still gets to everything. i never crated him because i thought it was mean, but now i'm thinking i don't have a choice. i caught him with one of my dads disposable razors the other day! that could have been horrible! i just don't know what to do anymore. any suggestions? books? methods? anything? i'll try anything!

Would it be that he's bored? I don't really know about daschaunds, but he seems pretty active type to me. Do you play with him or activate him in any kind of way? I mean that it could help, that you'd play with him more often. Leave on the floor something that he could play with.

And maybe close the bathroom door so that he's not getting any razors to play with.

The "Dog Listener" will teach you how to train your dog with cruelty free and cheap methods that are not time consuming. It is based on natural canine behavioral observations and communication. Extremely simple methods. This book is several books crammed together so once you read the first section you got 98% of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Listener-Communicate-Willing-Cooperation/dp/0060089466/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

When their living environment changes, animals can get stressed out just as people can.

He's probably got anxiety issues because there is a new person in the house and one of his people is gone.

Try getting your dad and your dog to get to know each other a little better. If the problem persists after a few weeks then well.. I'm wrong lol.

I would suggest reading the books too.