Human psyche

offense74

Very cool. I knew of most of those experiments, but he is a great speaker and it was enjoyable to hear him talk about those studies. There has been a surge in happiness research in the last couple of years, and it makes for a fascinating area of study because it's so hard to define. It's also interesting that there has been a backlash; books have been written about the value of unhappiness and the dangers of treating happiness as the only desirable state of being.

I love TED it has to be one of the best ideas to come in this age, now if people would only listen. So the interesting observation would be that most of the posts I see here are all about happiness or some sort of process of happiness. In fact a post about something sophomoric yet happy and potentially bubbly gets more replies and more attention than a post or reply containing valid information or insightful wisdom. It is one thing to post that you like a video or a post but another to consider it and reflect upon it, giving feedback or contributing towards a social understanding of an idea. Then again you can just post what makes you seemingly happy.