Raw Food Diet and Energy Gains

Bambam

Steve Pavalina has another great post up about raw food. This one is about measuring energy gains.

Recently on his blog Steve posted an update to his raw journey saying that he's experienced vast energy gains on the raw food diet. Many of his readers wondered, "How are you measuring/comparing those gains? How can you be sure that they are not just mental?"

Steve replied by using an analogy of being under the influence of alcohol. I have to say this is right on the money:

Eating cooked foods every single day is a lot like drinking alcohol every single day. If you do it long enough, it will seem totally normal to you. The feeling that non-drinkers would describe as inebriated, you would define as normal because that’s the best condition you know. Until you drop the habit for an extended period of time, you’ll never know what the alternative feels like. You’ll never know what it feels like to be “sober.”

Steve continues by comparing his journey from veg to vegan and vegan to raw:

Going from vegetarian to vegan was like being under the influence of 8 ounces of beer at all times and then suddenly being alcohol-free. There was a short detox period, and then I felt significantly clearer. More of the fog had lifted. The positive change was more pronounced, and the benefits were greater compared to the first change.

Going from vegan to raw was like being under the influence of 12-24 ounces of beer at all times and then being suddenly alcohol-free. There was a longer, more severe detox period, but afterwards the gains in mental clarity were unmistakable. The ongoing degree of improvement was more variable, fluctuating from good to great. My body-mind seemed like it went through a major upgrade. So this is how my mind is supposed to work? Wow! What a fog I’ve been living under this whole time! I feel so awake and alert!

HERES the full article:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/08/raw-food-diet-and-energy-gains/

Sounds good! For me staying raw has always been a bit hard, running out of quality raw food has been my latest downfall. But I always feel 10X better when I'm on it, trouble is just 1 cooked meal makes me feel foggy for at least half a day, and then you sort of feel like eating more cooked food; and then fogginess becomes normal. Oh well each to their own. I'm back to raw from this point on though.. Thanks for the inspiration!

calusa

when you say cooked meal - it depends what it is your having and how much. If I have a reaction I generally tend to limit the amount or drop the dish alltogether. I do notice a drop in energy levels with cooked food but no severe reactions like I used to have. are you eating high alkaline foods with it? play with it

Steve Pavlina is personal development writer ( i.e. a Tony Robbins type ) and an ex computer game developer. He has no medical, health, or science credentials. He advocates "law of attraction" materials which is the belief that if you visualize what you want enough, build up intent, that you can directly alter the universe with your thoughts to make it give you what you want. In other words, he believes all human beings are little gods who have the power of magic.

Steve Pavlina is personal development writer ( i.e. a Tony Robbins type ) and an ex computer game developer. He has no medical, health, or science credentials. He advocates "law of attraction" materials which is the belief that if you visualize what you want enough, build up intent, that you can directly alter the universe with your thoughts to make it give you what you want. In other words, he believes all human beings are little gods who have the power of magic.

Sweet. I'm gonna start smiting people.

The Law of Attraction works for me, some concepts work better than others for myself.

Beyondwisdom I tend to feel that you are a bit negative and that you seem in other posts to attack messages or posts of others. I hope you have good intentions be well.

BeforeWisdom, I find your posts to be informative and very positive. You promote veganism in an educated and informed manner. I find your posts to be very valuable, mature and backed by solid sources. I have never found that you attack posts or messages, but rather misinformation. Thanks for being here.

Medman, that smiting hurts something awful so please knock it off.

Beyondwisdom I tend to feel that you are a bit negative and that you seem in other posts to attack messages or posts of others. I hope you have good intentions be well.

Bambam don't you think it is ironic to complain that you feel someone is being negative while at the same time attempting to make fun of their board alias?

I can understand how people on this board whose opinions I sometimes disagree with could view "me" as negative.

There are a lot of people, including nice people, posting a lot of "hooey". I will disagree with statements I don't think are true Add to that it is not human nature to go out of your way to utter about things you agree with so a lot of what comes from me could be seen as

"negative".

I realized a long time ago that no matter what I do there will be people who will like it and those who will not. There will be cool people on both sides. So I decided I will value truth first, as much as I can, and respectfully disagree.

My opinions are about things, they are not about evaluations of the people who hold opinions I disagree with.

There are nice people who will not understand that. They will not like me. Too bad. I hold no ill will so I go on happily and I will usually find people who will understand the difference between those two things.

One nice thing you will find out about this board is that people can disagree with each others opinion without being insulting.

Have a nice weekend Bambam

The Law of Attraction works for me, some concepts work better than others for myself.

How do you know it works for you and that you aren't getting results from something else you are doing at the same time?

I used to read Steve Pavlina's forum quite a bit. One day a college student posted his disappointment with using "the law of attraction" stating that after several months he was still getting lousy grades, had no girlfriend and was having problems at work. Steve Pavilina told him that he also had to take action, do work, for what he wanted and not just do visualization exercises.

Well, we all know that work, works. So maybe it was the actions you took that helped you and not your thoughts manipulating the universe directly, like magic.

No disrespect to you, I don't know you. I'm disagreeing with your belief that the law of attraction is working for you.