The 2008 Summer Olympic Games Thread

robert

Is anyone into it?

I haven't seen a thread about it. Let's get some conversation started here folks!

I love me some track and field and I love Olympic competition...no matter what the sport!

Weightlifting, track and field, basketball, some gymnastics and swimming are among my favorites to watch.

I saw a race with Phelps, and geez he was fast! It was great that he set a new world record too. I know some people are boycotting the Olympics because of where they're being held, but the way I see it is that by the time all the bidding was done for the different countries there's not much anyone could do about where they were held or who won. Anyway I'm watching them, and what I've seen so far has been interesting.

I didn't watch this race because of not having any cable.

But a friend of mine was watching it. She was telling me everything happening when I chatting with her online.

Simon Whitfeild took Silver for the triathlon yesterday !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't catch all of the Olympics,but I caught some. I was watching the mens marathon,and I just remember thinking that maybe one day I might actually be able to run a marathon myself. I don't know why that thought pooped up, but it's staying with me. I also feel the need to learn better swimming technique, no thanks to Michael Phelps for this, lol.