2008 Animal Rights conference highlights video

hilary wright

If you convert videos to mp4 or flv first sometimes the youtube compression isn't as bad because those are the file formats youtube uses.

Yo, have you had any luck with Youtube compression? I have tried every format (MP4, MPG, WMV, FLV), single pass VBR, dual pass VBR, large files, small files et all. My best luck has come from 640x480 FLV or wmv at the highest resolution possible. We use Sorenson Squeeze as our compression codec. Any thoughts?

If you convert videos to mp4 or flv first sometimes the youtube compression isn't as bad because those are the file formats youtube uses.

Yo, have you had any luck with Youtube compression? I have tried every format (MP4, MPG, WMV, FLV), single pass VBR, dual pass VBR, large files, small files et all. My best luck has come from 640x480 FLV or wmv at the highest resolution possible. We use Sorenson Squeeze as our compression codec. Any thoughts?

I'm on a Mac with FCP andon quicktime compression (I think it's mp4) it usually works great on utube, but it seems like it depends on each film, like if there is lots of action, movements and camera pans it's gonna make horizontal lines sometimes.

Tim VanOrden made some tests of various compression and arrived to this result:

Thanks, I'm your man . . . yes, it's the movement and graphics that I have the most problems with. But that is inherent with compressed video. Some of our web videos are fine at 350 kbps, but others need 1,000 kbps to look decent. Youtube is still daunting for me, being a videophyle for resolution. (or maybe I'm just a cranky old man)