There is nothing I LOVE more than....

robert

There is nothing I love more than interacting with children.....working with kids, playing with kids, teaching kids, coaching kids, whatever it is, there is nothing I enjoy more.

I've been working with kids for the past 10 years and I think I do a better job than 98% of people who do the same thing....according to me, the kids, their parents, and others. Since I moved back to Oregon a little over a year ago I haven't spent very much time with kids. I've missed it.

I did coach a 2nd grade boys basketball team last winter right after I moved back and that was a great time.

The reason why I'm posting this is because today Topher and I went out to Junction City, near Eugene, with my mom to visit some of our old neighbors. They are a family with 5 kids, all girls except the oldest, a 13 year old boy. The girls are ages 3, 6, 11 and not sure about the other one, maybe she is 12 and the boy is 14, I don't really remember. I actually didn't know them very well because they lived near my mom's house when I was away at sea working on cruise ships. So I had only met them a couple of times.

So today we were out there and Topher and I had an awesome time with the kids, especially Bridget and Shanti, the two youngest ones. We played in the haystack, crawled in tunnels, climbed the wood pile, and solved some silly riddles in a school workbook by figuring out math problems leading to the answer to the riddle. "Why did the sick book go to the library?......to get checked out"...."Why did the banana use suntan lotion?......so it wouldn't peel"......"What was the saddest part of the cowboy?......his BLUE jeans" Good times and great times.

It was just so much fun for me to be working with kids again and there is no better age group for me than the 3-6 year olds. That was my favorite group to work with when I was a youth supervisor for Celebrity Cruises.

After we left, we stopped by a restaurant to eat and we bumped into my uncle Roy and Aunt Karen and their grand kids Jimmy and Dylan. Jimmy is 3 and Dylan 11 months. It was fun to play with them too. At the table Topher said, "Dude...you need to be a teacher or a father." I told him, "I'd love to be both!"

For years many people thought I was going to be a teacher. I taught some basic classes on the cruise ship when I was Superfly the Science Guy and taught really fun science stuff. Some kids used to say, "Wabert, I wish you were my teacher."

Maybe I should go back to school to become a teacher? I've been thinking about it for years, but I've just been lazy.

Anyway, sorry it was a long story but it was soooooo much fun today. It reminded me of all the great times over the past decade working with kids. I told Topher that I honestly would rather spend time with kids than people my own age.

-Rob

Theres a lot of things I love but heres one.

Theres nothing more than I love than animals. I am the type of person that if I pass by an animal thats outside or chained that it bothers me a great deal and it stays in my mind. I love to interact with animals too especially if no one plays with them. Animals surpass humans for me, so it's a bit obvious

Ok, if you have to get technical....I'm with ya with the animals. I forgot to mention that we also played with 3 dogs today, and then my mom's dog, a few cats, and then Megan's cats. I took a nap with Kava today

But yeah, aside from animals, working with kids is my Favorite thing to do.

-Rob

Tell the dog and the cats that Koll said hi!

But ya, I couldn't think of anything else that I could go into detail in. God is first for me, but don't wanna mention that since not a lot of people here could relate to and would probably be a bore to them.

Theres not really much I do, so second would probably be working out and conquering the weights one by one.

Awesome! There is a gentleman who teaches at the local Rec & Parks. He is generally the program director for many of the children's sports programs and clinics. He is simply awesome with the kid's! You can see how much he enjoys being with them and answering all their questions. So, there is another route you might take...as a program director for a Rec and Parks dept (city or county), they generally look at experience and you definately have an edge on a sports background.

My path has been a strange one I've always worked with adults/kids with a wide range of special needs from mild to severely violent behaviours, why...I don't know. I've lost my faith in people but I've always had a heart for people that cannot help themselves, I also run a rescue for Dobermans which are a very misunderstood breed! I think I love to help animals the most though as they are grossly underepresented! I love interacting with them.

From one teacher to another potential teacher: we need you!

There aren't enough of us to begin with, and certainly not enough of us who are good at we we do and still enjoy the job and the students.

Joooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn Usssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Jenn

P.S. I also run a petsitting business part time. Not the same as running a rescue, but most of my clients are rescue pups who have very happy and loving homes.

Great!!! it's not all doom and gloom, the worst thing is when you have to turn down dogs in need because they are not safe for adoption:cry:

This is Luke I got him from a family that were giving him away because their landlord was scared of him because he was jumping the fence(he's a huge boy) I don't think that that was the real story He actually ended up staying with us because he was very skittish and needed socialization, he's a lot better now, he loves my Wife and my daughter to bits and follows me around the house

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/Ava5506.jpg

Away from the teacher note -

There's nothing I love more than a good softball game!

I miss the days of practicing 6 days a week in the spring and summer, 3-4 days a week all winter, travelling to tournaments on weekends, playing 4 games a day when it's 100 degrees outside, dust in my mouth, sweat, big ole strawberries on my legs and bruises everywhere, that sounds when my glove snaps shut, the feel of someone sliding right into me and knowing I got there first EVERYTHING!

*sigh* Can't wait for spring when I can at least start playing rec ball again....if I can find a team this year

I just found out Portland has dodgeball and kickball teams too, how cool is that!? Might have to get in on that too.....

Mine isn't as noble as teaching or loving animals, but man do I wish I could get out and play some ball right now...........

This is Luke I got him from a family that were giving him away because their landlord was scared of him because he was jumping the fence(he's a huge boy) I don't think that that was the real story He actually ended up staying with us because he was very skittish and needed socialization, he's a lot better now, he loves my Wife and my daughter to bits and follows me around the house

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Bigbwii/Ava5506.jpg

He's such a cutie!

Luke is beautiful! And Max is so cute I just want to kiss him on his head!

I love dogs; I adore them! They are such wonderful creatures! I love my cats dearly, but I really miss having a dog. But old Bad Charlie doesn't need any dogs running around at this time in his life & I owe him the best I can give.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." --Will Rogers

there's nothing I love more than my sister Jillian.

and theres nothing more I love than creating music with bestfriends, touring in a van, and rocking out on stage for kids to dance and sing along.

and theres nothing more I love then working out in the gym and getting bigger

• 4 months later...

I've literally raised 2 baby cousins of mine. Love spending time with them. Showed them around for 10 days all the disney / universal parks in Orlando. Wild!.. The most fun I've ever had in my life. PERIOD.

...and on veg food. LOL!

Its so funny & sad that disney parks have a lack of veg food despite the fact that they attract people from all over the world.

So we used to make (well my aunt used to.. and we'd help) tomato cucumber chutney cheese sandwiches with flat bread. That was the best meal I could have through the day.