Trying to be more GREEN...

RAINRA

I was thinking that if people want to improve there standing environmentally one thing we can do is the following. Feel free to add what you know or your ideas. Being Vegan is great but we can make just a little effort more we can also make more of a difference with our environment.

- Buy only objects that it's container or wrap you can recycle.

- Store leftovers in glass containers (tomato sauce bottles by reusing)

- If you can take a bus or a car take the bus (no brainer)

- Bring your own container for a doggy bag if you eat out. ( if you know that the portions are big).

Add your ideas I will post at the end of this all peoples ideas in collectively.

Things that are easy and simple and making aware choices. Again any step is better than no step.

I know some people mention things like freecycle etc... but that takes a bit more effort. I mean on a day to day basis what can we all do to cut that pollution and landfill besides being Vegan.

and being dead does not count...

please no repeats

; well, as soon as they will allow to sell them ( I heard that the Zenn is now being manufactured in the US, coming from Quebec).

Bike, train, walking, running, hitchhiking, use a car when you're 2, 3, 4 persons...

Check all the green energies featured on GLiving.com

Compost: I just put all my organic wastes in the woods behind my house and it serves for food for worms and fertilize the soil. Otherwise it would make kilos of wastes every week at the dump around cities.

Eat raw tree fruit-apples, oranges, nuts, pears, peaches, and so on. The US, and much of the world, have lost about a third of their agricultural topsoil in the past 2 centuries. On average, it takes about 1000 years for nature to make an inch of topsoil so it is essentially nonrenewable and going fast. Trees, unlike relatively shallow rooted annuals like grains and legumes, hold soil in place with their deep extensive root systems and do not require annual tilling. An acre of orchard produces about 35 times as much food as an acre of livestock agriculture and twice as much food as an acre of grain; if we all ate mostly raw fruit, most of the land now used to make food could be returned to its natural state supporting clean air, filtering water, containing topsoil, and supporting wildlife. We can literally save the planet by what we put on the ends of our forks!