Md. Police Put Activists' Names On Terror Lists

robert

I am so pissed off about this!

In Minneapolis (where I live) the people that organized the RNC Welcoming Comitee (now called the RNC 8 are now charged with "Conspiracy to riot in furtherance of terrorism".

The cost for legal defense is at $ 250 000. Even if these people will not get convicted the costs and harassment they face is incredibly high.

Organizing civil disobidience can seriously get you into trouble after this whole Patriot Act bullshit took effect.

It's totally insane!

And guess what the nr. 1 domestic terrorist threat is according to FBI: Militant environmental and animal rights groups,

Despite ever having hurt anyone.

Damnit, I came here to talk about working out and I'm already ranting again...

Truth be told this is a good thing. The ruling was overturned which sets a precedent on how labeling activists is both biased and unconstitutional. This helps the animal rights movement immensely.

Won't make a huge difference in the end for the AR side, though. The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act has already been a crushing blow that allows nonviolent protesting for the cause to qualify you for a nice stay in a federal penitentiary in the USA (just ask the SHAC 7 about that one). While this may be perceived as a victory, if they want you and can find or make up the evidence to prove their case, you're screwed either way.

I'm still wondering why i'm not on a no-fly list. It would be an awesome excuse to avoid flying. I tell people I refuse to fly thanks to those most invasive, thieving scumbags known as the TSA. That no fly list would give me more reason than just personal preference to not be interrogated, stolen from, and watch friends and family as well as myself sexually assaulted.